• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Swap question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Foxbody_1990
  • Start date Start date Jul 26, 2020
F

Foxbody_1990

New Member
Jul 7, 2020
15
0
1
The south
Jul 26, 2020
#1
  • Jul 26, 2020
  • #1
Hey guys, this is the coyote swap engine I have for my foxbody swap. Wanting power brakes, steering and ac on this car. This engine came with ac compressor and all the pulleys. My question is what all as far as the pulleys and all that do I need to purchase to get all this up and running? What all or if can I use off of this engine to get those things up and going?
 

Attachments

  • 8D931E4E-E61A-4F80-9B2F-49C3918A3291.webp
    338.5 KB · Views: 269

2000xp8

SN Certified Technician
Aug 8, 2003
8,060
1,644
194
NJ
Jul 26, 2020
#2
  • Jul 26, 2020
  • #2
The upside is there are plenty of solutions, the downside is that none are all that cheap. Just do a few internet searches for coyote swap accessory brackets. Here's the one at lmr for an example.

KRC Mustang Coyote Swap Power Steering Pump Kit 66302125

Simplify your coyote engine swap while retaining your factory accessories!
lmr.com

The brakes require the installation of a hydroboost.
 
F

Foxbody_1990

New Member
Jul 7, 2020
15
0
1
The south
Jul 26, 2020
#3
  • Jul 26, 2020
  • #3
2000xp8 said:
The upside is there are plenty of solutions, the downside is that none are all that cheap. Just do a few internet searches for coyote swap accessory brackets. Here's the one at lmr for an example.

KRC Mustang Coyote Swap Power Steering Pump Kit 66302125

Simplify your coyote engine swap while retaining your factory accessories!
lmr.com

The brakes require the installation of a hydroboost.
Click to expand...
I have a hydroboost from my 96. My question since this engine has the bracket and ac compressor already installed I can use all that right? Also with my brakes can I use my factory rack? Also what would the brakes run off of?
 

2000xp8

SN Certified Technician
Aug 8, 2003
8,060
1,644
194
NJ
Jul 26, 2020
#4
  • Jul 26, 2020
  • #4
I believe some kits allow factory accessories, some require different ones.
I have seen the swaps done, never done it myself, keep that in mind.
Read the details on the kits, they let you know what works and what doesn't.
I've seen this kit personally (i have not seen the lmr one).

Power By the Hour Coyote Swap Accessory Bracket Kit

Product Overview The best way to make sure your coyote swap will be successful is to buy the right parts. We have been manufacturing coyote swap specific parts since 2013 and our coyote swap accessory drive bracket has been our most popular item. Designed to use factory modular Ford Power...
midwaymustang.com

The rack should work fine, the brakes run off the power steering pump. That LMR kit requires AN fittings, i think the one i just listed doesn't.
You will need the MM hydroboost install kit (i did it way before that existed), but good luck getting it any time soon.
I'm pretty sure for the hydroboost to work right you will also needs to have already done a disc brake swap for the rear.
 

2000xp8

SN Certified Technician
Aug 8, 2003
8,060
1,644
194
NJ
Jul 26, 2020
#5
  • Jul 26, 2020
  • #5
@eighty5fox
He seems to have a pretty good grasp on the costs and methods of doing a coyote swap.
 
F

Foxbody_1990

New Member
Jul 7, 2020
15
0
1
The south
Jul 26, 2020
#6
  • Jul 26, 2020
  • #6
2000xp8 said:
I believe some kits allow factory accessories, some require different ones.
I have seen the swaps done, never done it myself, keep that in mind.
Read the details on the kits, they let you know what works and what doesn't.
I've seen this kit personally (i have not seen the lmr one).

Power By the Hour Coyote Swap Accessory Bracket Kit

Product Overview The best way to make sure your coyote swap will be successful is to buy the right parts. We have been manufacturing coyote swap specific parts since 2013 and our coyote swap accessory drive bracket has been our most popular item. Designed to use factory modular Ford Power...
midwaymustang.com

The rack should work fine, the brakes run off the power steering pump. That LMR kit requires AN fittings, i think the one i just listed doesn't.
You will need the MM hydroboost install kit (i did it way before that existed), but good luck getting it any time soon.
I'm pretty sure for the hydroboost to work right you will also needs to have already done a disc brake swap for the rear.
Click to expand...
I’ve fab
2000xp8 said:
I believe some kits allow factory accessories, some require different ones.
I have seen the swaps done, never done it myself, keep that in mind.
Read the details on the kits, they let you know what works and what doesn't.
I've seen this kit personally (i have not seen the lmr one).

Power By the Hour Coyote Swap Accessory Bracket Kit

Product Overview The best way to make sure your coyote swap will be successful is to buy the right parts. We have been manufacturing coyote swap specific parts since 2013 and our coyote swap accessory drive bracket has been our most popular item. Designed to use factory modular Ford Power...
midwaymustang.com

The rack should work fine, the brakes run off the power steering pump. That LMR kit requires AN fittings, i think the one i just listed doesn't.
You will need the MM hydroboost install kit (i did it way before that existed), but good luck getting it any time soon.
I'm pretty sure for the hydroboost to work right you will also needs to have already done a disc brake swap for the rear.
Click to expand...
ive found a kit like the Maxium Motorsport kit on eBay that I’ve purchased and my car is already a 5 lug swap from that 96. So if I purchased the kit you posted a link to that’d be all I need considering I already have the ac compress and pulley?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
SN95 Another Coyote swap list
  • catkiller
  • May 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
281
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 8, 2026
bjornsn95
B
S
Engine Belt routing with supercharger and smog/ac/ps delete
  • Steve6482
  • Jul 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
98
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 15, 2026
Steve6482
S
O
Sooty/Oily Front Engine & Pulleys
  • ozenator
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
405
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 22, 2026
Blackhawkxx
82 Gen 1 Coyote Swap AC Questions...
  • thinkfaster
  • Aug 14, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
463
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 15, 2025
thinkfaster
P
I need definitive heater valve and AC expansion valve answers
  • PurAU
  • Sep 26, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
165
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Oct 1, 2026
GypsyR
G
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?