t-5 conversion, changing slip yoke, what u-joint is used?

kevs66stang

Mar 2, 2006
i have a 66 mustang and i am doing a t-5 conversion. i got the new slip yoke for the drive shaft but when i am putting the new slip yoke on what u-joint do i use? can i use my old one since i already had new u-joints put in the driveshaft. does it take a special u-joint? thanks for all replies. kevin

• Sponsors (?)

it should be a standard 1310 u-joint. So your stock ones should work, infact, you stock slip yoke should slide right in if it's a 26 spline. I went ahead and upgraded to a 1330 yoke, spicer makes them if you want a stronger U-joint

so i dont need to have the drive shaft cut if i use the original slip yoke. because the new slip yoke i got for the t-5 conversion is shorter than the one on my driveshaft right now.

Not necessarily. The snout on the yoke appears fine from the responses, but the tail portion of the T-5 might be longer then your previous tranny tail. If so then the drive shaft would need shortening. Compare the old tranny to the new one and see if the tail section is differnent in size from one another.