• aluminum heads with stock cam

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • gt40p heads and a small cam

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gumby84

May 1, 2009
IN
I have around 1 grand to spend this summer. i have 3 ideas and i don't know were to spend the money. they are a T-5 swap or name brand alum heads with stock cam or gt40p heads with a small cam. i am sick of this slow stang and want to make it a faster stang. it is sad that with a 3:73 it will bearly spin the tires to do a burn out! thx everyone!

• Sponsors (?)

If you have the time,and space.
You can always find a wrecked 94-95 5 speed gt.

Take the 5 speed swap,and part out the rest.
You should make money on the deal.

That's what I did.
I realize not everybody has the time,space,or ability.
Just thought i'd throw it out there.

If you have the time,and space.
You can always find a wrecked 94-95 5 speed gt.

Take the 5 speed swap,and part out the rest.
You should make money on the deal.

That's what I did.
I realize not everybody has the time,space,or ability.
Just thought i'd throw it out there.

+1 on this idea, then take that grand and buy the other stuff:D

the heads are going to be your best bet. i would also go junkyard shopping for the t-5 swap. you should be able to get that done for not that much if you find a u-pull it yard.

Man, I've been driving Mustangs for a long time now.. many different ones.. Foxes and SN95's alike. And I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that switching to a 5 speed transmission will make that car more run to drive than anything else you can do. (short of a 1000 hp twin turbo beast!).

On top of that, the slushbox AODE is a crappy transmission at best. It can be built to perform, but that's well over 2 grand to get it built.

I'm with davis3, score yourself a wrecked Mustang with the 5 speed and pull off everything you need and sell the rest. Then you'll have a 5 speed and have money for your heads/cam etc.

edit: And don't discount buying a nice set of used aluminum heads. In this economy people are willing to negotiate a lot on their parts. Some are 1 rent payment away from being kicked to the curb and selling their set of aluminum heads can stop that from happening! Just an example but highly likely...

Well thx for the idea of a wrecked mustang i never thought about it or the pick and pull i will have to look into that. Yeah that aode is a turd! the more and more i drive it the more i hate the trans and keep saying
A Mustang shouldn't be this slow let alone but a auto!