T-56 6 speed swap, anyone done this??

black95gts5.0

Jun 16, 2005
I have the opportunity to get ahold of a T-56 out of a 1998 WS6 Ram Air TA. Can this tranny be swapped for my T-5?? will this be a big job? or is it fairly easy to do. Any advice is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I just did an AODE to T-56 swap this spring. It wasn't too bad. You will need a new crossmember, bellhousing, and the Transmission is longer, so you will need a shorter driveshaft. I went to the Viper spec tranny, so I need to get a 26t clutch disk also.

It would probably be good to talk to D&D performance That is where I got all of my stuff from (except the clutch) They are extemely knowledgeable, and easy to deal with. They can help you out with exactly what parts you are going to need for the swap.

http://www.ddperformance.com/

black95gts5.0 said:
I have the opportunity to get ahold of a T-56 out of a 1998 WS6 Ram Air TA. Can this tranny be swapped for my T-5??
Wi Stang said:
It would probably be good to talk to D&D performance That is where I got all of my stuff from (except the clutch) They are extemely knowledgeable, and easy to deal with. They can help you out with exactly what parts you are going to need for the swap.
Even though you can put a T-56 into an SN95 the way Wi Stang mentioned, you would be good to call D&D.

I had an opportunity to get a cheap T-56 out of an F-body, but the guy I called at D&D said it would cost about as much as one from them to buy all the parts that have to be replaced to get it into one of our Mustangs.