t5 mounting

• Sponsors (?)

So long as you use bellhousing from SN95 V8, trans mount should work just fine. Mount is slotted so there is some room to play with.

Last edited:
98 v6
putting a 5.0 in it

the only “watchout” is with the 96-98 cobras. Their t-45 was approximately 4” longer than the GT t5 so Ford offset the trans crossmember mounts slightly rearward.

since your car is a V6, it shares the same mount points as the GT.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, it’s the crossmember mounts on the chassis that are the same between a 94-98 V6 and GT. The actual crossmembers and trans mounts themselves might have slight variations that you need to pay attention to if you are using an OEM mount.

you’ll have to do some legwork here. If you notice, on the Stifflers application guide, they list three different crossmembers for using a T5, t45(cobra) and t45(Gt) in a 94-98 SN95.

6C76BB46-3A9E-45F5-800D-A149548C5FBE.jpeg

According to the above chart, this is the one you want.

T5.jpg

So here is a T5 from a '95 V6. You will note the plate at the trans mount that actually moves the mount rearward. I have recently pulled three (3) '94-'98 V6 T5's in the last 2 months, all had the same mount.

I just did an auto to T5 swap in my '90 GT using a T5 from a '96 V6 and a '95 5.0 bellhousing. I removed this extra plate and mounted the trans mount directly to the trans (just like normally on a fox). For your install into an SN95 you will probably want the plate installed.

IMG_20210705_182526.jpg
The bellhousing for V6 or V8 is identified right on the bell. Bell needs to match the engine being used.