T5 Reverse Light Connector

MustangMando

Jul 16, 2011
I installed a t5 on my 68 stang about 5 months ago. The t5 did not have a reverse light connection and my two wires are cut at the square connector at the fire wall. How can I Macgyver(rig) a connection from the two wires on the firewall to the the t5? I don't want to buy a connection online, because I'm a cheap ass.......smile.Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

if you don't want to buy the pigtail just go buy some crimp connectors and you can McGyver rig it with the crimps. It's gonna be ghetto though. Why not just spend the money to do it right.

I've learned over the years it ends up being cheaper to do it right once than wrong the first time.

its just a connection...proper soldering and crimping works just fine and isn't ghetto....splice it in just solder all splices and keep.it simple and clean
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

its just a connection...proper soldering and crimping works just fine and isn't ghetto....splice it in just solder all splices and keep.it simple and clean
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
I agree- If you solder and shrinktube the connections, it'll stand up to auto, and even marine applications, last as long as OEM, and to most people will appear factory.