T5 swap question and fidanza flywheel question

95mustang_gt

Mar 30, 2005
Wisconsin
Will the aode driveshaft work with the T5?

Now i need to know if this is a fidanza flywheel.I bought it from a guy that is about 15miles from me .He said that its balance to a 50oz.So i shoudnt have to balance it right?He also give me a black weight for it,what do i use that for and where do i put it?I cant find no part number anywhere.

Here is a pic of the flywheel
View attachment 412875

thanks
Jesse

• Sponsors (?)

i dont know what to tell you about the black weight, or if thats a fidanza, but if its a 50 oz. imbalance it will work. also, i used the stock aod-e driveshaft with the t-5 with no problems or vib... some say they had a vib though so i guess you should just try it and if it doesnt work, the answer is an alum driveshaft... or possibly one from a junkyard 94-95 t-5 stang... but for the money, i would just go with an frpp alum d/s. it is supposed to make your drive smoother than stock and i have heard nothing but good things. good luck

The flywheel without any weights on it typically is neutral balanced, the black weights will make it either a 28 or 50oz imbalance depending on which weight you have. It will bolt to the flywheel and must be used if your still running the stock 50oz imbalance. Just make sure its the 50 and not the 28 weight.

Well thanks for the input guys,i found today that its a centerforce flywheel and its around balanced to a 50oz.So its all ready to go.

I got a couple more questions about the t5 swap.Can i reuse the bolts the hold the aode to the block,and use them to bolt the t5 bellhousing ?

What about the flywheel bolts?

thanks
Jesse

Well thanks for the input guys,i found today that its a centerforce flywheel and its around balanced to a 50oz.So its all ready to go.

I got a couple more questions about the t5 swap.Can i reuse the bolts the hold the aode to the block,and use them to bolt the t5 bellhousing ?

What about the flywheel bolts?

thanks
Jesse
if you go to summit racing's site. you can get ARP flywheel and clutch pressure plate bolts for about $30. They might have the bellhousing bolts too. I just reused the bellhousing bolts, but bought ne flywheel and pressure plate bolts.

How about the tranny mount.Can i reuse mine?

thanks
Jesse

i bought a brand new set of flywheel to crank, and pressure-plate to flywheel bolts, and new bolts attaching the trans to the bell. i reused the same bell to block bolts from the aod-e only because 5.0 resto didnt have them at the time and said they would work fine... they did. i would recommend getting new hardware when possible since things can get messy when reusing old hardware on a new installation...now as far as the trans mount. i did reuse my old mount since they are listed as the same part #. this is the one thing that did not go smoothly with my swap. i had to do a 180º with the mount and rebolt it just to get it to fit, and even at that it is a tight fit. i have had people tell me that this could cause a pinion angle problem, and others tell me that it will be fine since the angle has only changed slightly, if at all. if you look at the mount, there is also a plate between the mount and the floor boards where you attach the exhaust hangers from the mid-pipe... this obviously had to be switched around so it would still be usable, and even still, both dont fit quite right...(however the lighter off-road pipes (like i now have) dont really need this hanger since it is so light compared to stock that it doesnt really tax the rest of the system's hangers... i would love to have this resolved myself, but in 6 months, 10K miles, and multiple headaches trying to fix it, i have had no driveability issues or vibration. many others have said they have had no problems with this... but it is something you could run into... good luck and my best advice would be to try it as it is... good luck