• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Talk about bad timing!

  • Thread starter Thread starter fivemustangs
  • Start date Start date Sep 11, 2009

fivemustangs

Member
Dec 22, 2007
222
0
17
Bar Harbor, Maine
Sep 11, 2009
#1
  • Sep 11, 2009
  • #1
I have removed my distributor the other day and forgot to mark it before I took it out. So I went to set the timing with my timing light,When I put the clip on the #1 wire it would only work on and off but not constantly, but then I clipped it to other wires and the gun worked perfectly! then back to the #1 and same thing as before. But when it did work and I looked at the pointer it said it was around 30 degrees BTDC Which I dont think makes any sence because it wouldn't be running, and I could only set it back to about 20 degrees, any more and it would stall but then I would have to set the distributor back for it to start again. The wires are a little older so maybe the #1 wire is bad? or maybe the coil needs to be replaced? it is a msd blaster 2 coil about 3 years old. I also have a diablo custom tuned chip in my ECU and I did remeber to remove the gray plastic thing next to the air filter to set the timing. I just want my stang to work again! I only got another month to drive it before its back in storage for the winter!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
536
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
K
Resolved Weird sound coming from a freshly rebuilt 5.0L
  • karhoot
  • Jun 24, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
292
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 27, 2026
Mac131
B
Electrical Why does my fox body keep frying eecs
  • brandyn200
  • Jun 20, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
396
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 25, 2026
AeroCoupe
Distributor installed wrong
  • djj62478
  • Jun 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
276
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 21, 2026
CAMTWO1070
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
355
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?