Tech Info. On 2005 and 6 Mustang GT Needed Please - Looking at Buying>>>

SilverStallion

Founding Member
Mar 26, 2000
Ontario, Canada
I am currently driving a 2004 BMW 330i M Sport Sedan for my daily driver, and I am looking at selling and getting an 06 Mustang GT 5 Speed. A couple questions from those with information.

1) Do the new Mustang GT have a traction Control feature like my 2000 Mustang GT does? I will need to use snow rims and tires on the new car for the winter, and traction will be a concern.

2) What is the widest tire that I can put on the car for summer? Will I be able to use a 315 like I have on my 00GT as long as I get a wide enough rim?
Also, do the 06 use the same rims as the last generation Mustang? I am trying to choose some summer rims if I go this way.

3) Finally, what is the Steeda Tri-Axe like in the new model Mustang? Is it worth the cost of the upgrade?

Thanks in advance for any information that can be shared. I am just starting my research and I have not been able to find the answers I need through the search engines.

~Darren

• Sponsors (?)

The GT as a traction control (standard), I find it very well tuned; it can be turn off (switch on the dashboard)

I don't know about the widest tires you can put but I know the wheels for the 2005+ have a different offset than the oldest models.

I heard some problems with the steeda tri-axe, search the forums, what I remember is a noise concellation versus the OE shifter.

Also I have a bad experience with Steeda support of their products (lowering springs very noisy see my post).

Good luck with your 06 !

If I may : consider the 18" wheels, I would avoid the shaker 1000, if you want a big stereo get a set up from a reputated place, If found the 1000 too pricey for a sound with too much bass, even with the bass to a minimum.