• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Tell Me If This Is Possible

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wilson4812
  • Start date Start date May 5, 2017

Wilson4812

New Member
Apr 1, 2017
3
0
1
May 5, 2017
#1
  • May 5, 2017
  • #1
I have a 99 GT. What I'm wondering is can I take the radio and bezzle unit from a 01-04 and install it in mine? I'm trying to get the setup of having the double din radio.

Any help would be awesome
 

Saberstang

Active Member
May 2, 2017
130
24
28
Atlanta, GA
May 5, 2017
#2
  • May 5, 2017
  • #2
Wilson4812 said:
I have a 99 GT. What I'm wondering is can I take the radio and bezzle unit from a 01-04 and install it in mine? I'm trying to get the setup of having the double din radio.

Any help would be awesome
Click to expand...
This is very possible it is pretty much a direct swap. You need to buy a dash bezel for a newer 02-04 Ford Mustang that has the double din opening,then you have to cut a bit of the sub dash to fit the dash,you need to mount the double din to the sub dash with some brackets making sure that it is positioned properly so that when you snap the new bezel on everything lines up. This job really isn't that difficult. I believe Crutchfield still has the double din set up for our Ford Mustangs.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Electrical problem plug in the drivers kick panel
  • Mindseye007
  • Aug 16, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
174
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 16, 2026
Mindseye007
E
Chasing Vacuum leak 99 GT
  • EBNS_2005
  • May 2, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
225
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 3, 2026
X-cam34
X
Radio, Speaker Upgrades
  • TripleYellow
  • Apr 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
187
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 24, 2026
TripleYellow
S
CHANGING BRAKE PADS
  • Scwhitten
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
20
Views
655
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jun 12, 2026
nickyb
What's it Worth? 2000 GT
  • Mustang5L5
  • May 8, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
6
Views
430
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 13, 2026
KRUISR
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?