temps rising at HIGHWAY speeds?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!:banana:
(I think)
Went outside to burp the system/check the exhaust for smoke/smell...
ABSOLUTELY NO smoke or sweet smell. The only condensation that came out after 15 minutes was just that - condensation. No smoke OR steam, and just regular water droplets, that did NOT smell anything like coolant ! :D
Then, when trying to burp the system, level stayed fine, then dropped down @ 180*, right on cue, I topped it off, a minute or two later, it dropped down another inch, and I topped it off, and it held perfectly after that around mid-180's.
I had the drivers side jacked up , and then I blasted the heat (which was actually hot today! It hadn't been too hot on Saturday...) No dropped down just another inch, topped it off, and all was well.
Here's my only question/concern:
When I got down low and used some sunlight, I could see a few tiny bubbles coming out of one of the very top fins in the rad. Only that one fin and just a few bubbles while burping... If you stood up and watched the coolant in the rad, you couldn't see any bubbles at all the whole time, just when I got down and looked under the lip, you could see that one fin releasing a few bubbles from time to time.
Does this sound normal/acceptable?

So, to re-cap, no smoke/smell from the tailpipes, no water in oil, coolant level holds, temp. holds, and heat blows hot. Does it sound like I'm in the clear for my HG concern?

DMAN, I just replaced the clutch less than a few months ago. It should be good, but I have heard of new clutches being defective...

I also spotted where the coolant (that was on the ground) seems to be
coming from: it appears to be pooling in the radiator support, and dripping from there. I can't tell if it's just overflow still trapped in there from the swap, and hasn't all drained yet, or if the rad. itself is leaking. The draincock
is tight, and the hoses aren't leaking, so it's either left-over, or I damaged the rad. when I zip-tied the tranny cooler to it :D
However, there does not appear to be any coolant on the front or rear of the rad. around the area I zip-tied, so I don't *think* that's it...
More later -
J

• Sponsors (?)

jaymac said:
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Yeah, well, on the way to buy the tools necessary to buy my snapped-off water pump bolt, car started running like ish. Turns out code 14 : PIP sensor. aka, time for a new dizzy.
wow.
what's next???????

You'll spin a main bearing or throw a rod next with your luck. :( FWIW though, I'd say you can rule out the blown HG. I can't remember, did you do a compression test? That oughta clue you in as to the condition of the HG's.

jaymac said:
Here's my only question/concern:
When I got down low and used some sunlight, I could see a few tiny bubbles coming out of one of the very top fins in the rad. Only that one fin and just a few bubbles while burping... If you stood up and watched the coolant in the rad, you couldn't see any bubbles at all the whole time, just when I got down and looked under the lip, you could see that one fin releasing a few bubbles from time to time.
Does this sound normal/acceptable?
Just bumping to get more opinions/ ideas about this situation.
Thanks