UselessBanter The Ford Mustero

• Sponsors (?)

Would have been a cool high school car... You know... when you could still ride people in the back of pickups.

I mean.. Look at that hand rail!!! Way more than what I had to hold on to. LoL

It was actually fairly easy to build ,you remove the quarter window ,cut the roof loose and remove the amout of the roof that would have been the quarter window. The bed area was just adding sheet metal .
Glass for the doors was another story ,i used lexan and heated it to the correct bow in the side

For a tailgate, It looks like the bed floor/tailgate piano hinge pivot point would have to be based off of the bottom of the bumper. The quarter extensions, tail panel tail lights and bumper would all be the outer skin of the tailgate. I have not sketched anything out on paper or looked at other than pictures but I wonder if the bottom of the bumper is going to want to "dig in" to the lower valance when the tail gate is being opened. Maybe hinge the valance at the bottom and as the tail gate opens the top of the valance pivots inward between the part of the quarters under the bumper...