Jokes The New Camaro: Lets Hear Your Thoughts

Will your Mustang wax the new Camaro ?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
As the owner of a new 16 GT who extensively tested, drove and researched the new Camaro 2SS in auto and manual, maybe this perspective helps people feel better about the Mustang:
Pure acceleration: Auto Camaro stomps the GT in a side by side race. Get in either and the acceleration is impressive in either car. +2 to the Camaro
Cornering: About equal, easier to rotate the Camaro though. +1 to the Camaro.
Sound: The performance exhaust on the Camaro sounds totally badass in comparison to the stock GT. +1 to the Camaro.
Interior: Gotta call this to the Camaro again simply because the base Camaro interior looks more modern than the GT. Outward visibility suffers in the Camaro, so this is only a +1.
Stereo, navigation, ergonomics: Sorry, again the 2SS wins. The backup camera and blind spot sensors on the Camaro work really well.
Overall experience, the 2SS Camaro is probably about 10% "better" than the 2016 GT I bought.
But I paid 15000 LESS for the GT. Is that 10% worth 15 grand? HELLS NO.

I can say to the Camaro guys...nice car, but could you buy it and have more than pocket change left over from 50k? I got a new car AND new furniture for that much.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Actually Mopar was first. The Barracuda beat the Mustang to the showroom by about 4 months. [emoji6]

Dave

Good point but they don't categorize this type of vehicle as fish cars. Mustang puts the "Pony" in pony car. Barracuda just didn't take off like the Mustang. Until the body change in 70 and the stylish abbreviation "Cuda" (plus the addition of Challenger) their popularity couldn't even try to compare. I like the Barracuda but it lacked the styling and aim as the sporty young peoples car. That's my opinion anyway.

Much love for many Mopars. I'd give fingers to own a second gen Charger.

I'd love to agree with you, but I really gotta say....for an entry level car on a budget, those V6's are not only hard to beat, but really underestimated. If I was 18-years-old again, I'd be all over a V6 Stang. Yeah, the V6 is always going to be looked down upon by the industry as the "rental car", but IMO, that's part of their charm. No longer are they saddles with a gutless 3.8L OHV, or noisy, unrefined 4.0L SOHC. That 3.7L TiVCT is no joke. As a package, the cars are now cheap, easy to mod, can get well into the low-13's really easily and damnit if they don't sound down right awesome with an exhaust on them. That's something you could have NEVER said about prior entry level Mustangs.

This is an '11 model, buy you get the idea

As far as the 4-cylinder Ecoboost is concerned, they sell, but for specific reasons. Between capitalizing on the reminiscent crowd that had, or always wanted to have the old SVO mustang from the mid '80's and targeting the modern "Fast and Furious" type who won't driving anyting without 4-cylinder and a turbo on it...this car hits right on the money. At the same time,....nobody serious about economy, or performance should ever consider this car. Mileage is great, but you're almost paying $30K to start, just to get into one. Get all the bells and whistles on it and you're up near bast GT prices. Really, they're too expensive to be considered an economy package and not nearly enough potential per $ to be considered a viable performance vehicle.

IMO, Ford did just fine with the V6 model and had they been given the "Premium" option like the Ecoboost and GT models have this past year, you can bet sales would have rivaled both.

^ Snipped a bit, but a very educated post. As an owner of older GTs and 2 Cobras, the new V6
honestly interests me. I think its also got a lot of potential given it's price range that is low to mid
20k while the GT is considerably more expensive. I don't think many have done it yet, but I'm sure
a V6 with a blower could beat a stock GT and still have several grand in the bank. But there is no
doubting the solid platform that is the GT.

But on topic with this thread, I just looked at the new 2016 Camaro for the first time and I have to
say, that they did a poor job with that. The previous model year looks 100x better and more classic.
The interior, while ''modern'' looks like a weird Fallout 50's retro yet futuristic style that just looks....
well, weird. I don't think sales will bode well for them. But we'll see. Definitely not my cup of tea.