Progress Thread The next "big" project for my Cobra - T-top conversion coming soon!

I kinda like the all red conversion that everyone else has done but always thought it looked incomplete or just out of place. I always kinda assumed it was because I was so used to seeing the amber lens, but adding the reverse light really completes it.

For a more direct comparison:

taillights all red

here is a rear shot of my moded taillights, got sequentials in them too.

the 2 tail lights.webp


1791353537610.webp
 
Nothing major to report yet - replaced all 4 brake light sockets and now have brake lights all around. But 2 of the bulbs are bad now as I only have 2 tail lights. :cautious:

I messed with the parts car's tail lights to see what I could do with them and the reverse lights. So far, I've not been able to get the one that was still attached to release from the amber lens. I imagine that's why no one's gotten anything like that done. It looks like I'll need to do some measuring and take them into work to set them up on a mill and cut the lenses out if I want to go this route. :shrug:

I did some cleaning and arranging out there after that. Still need to get my benches cleared off....
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2Blue2