The Tragic Tale of ElSuperPinto

• Sponsors (?)

Got the official "positive" results back. I'm off work for the forseeable future and don't know what my money situation's going to be like, so... I guess we're back to the waiting game?

• Dislike
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
I return to work at the BMW dealership tomorrow. My symptoms are down to nothing but a slight cough and minor congestion, but that's normal for me from late September through about Thanksgiving, and I haven't had a fever in over a week and a half, no fatigue in a week, and all of the other symptoms are either gone now or never showed up to begin with.

Thank God, I don't know how much longer I could've stayed home playing Skyrim, Birth of the Federation and World of Warships over and over while watching movies and TV I've seen a million times (though Cobra Kai was freaking awesome to binge, and Star Trek Lower Decks was good until the 9th episode, it and the last one sucked).

Reactions: 3 users
a3cbe0bdd04e45e3f3c2ca1a2003f1f1.jpg

More parts have been acquired! I now have the cooling system side of things wrapped up, as I have the oil cooler/filter adapter, thermostat housing, and coolant crossover!

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 6 users
I maxed out one of these around 20ish psi... car in question was almost in the 8s
:eek:

That's twice the boost I'm aiming for (8-10psi is the max the stock connecting rods will handle). Should I go with a smaller turbo, or will a good wastegate and blow-off valve with that turbo be better (I've never messed with aftermarket turbocharging, the factory figured all these details out for me on the Ford, Hyundai, and BMW stuff I've worked on for dealerships over the years).

So I bought Mike's 44lb injectors awhile back, and now I just sent him the money via Paypal for the old turbo and wastegate from the Monster.

ElSuperPinto has Gila Monster DNA!!! :eek:

you-say-mad-scientist-like-its-a-bad-thing.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
So I still need to pick a blow-off valve, and definitively pick an intercooler (I have one of those tentatively picked out on Amazon).

Current configuration for this externally-massive but small-displacement high-revving beast is:

4.6L DOHC Teksid-block engine pulled from Lincoln Mark VIII with fresh head gaskets and fresh head bolts.
Lincoln Continental oil pan and pickup tube
Rev9 TX-72-68 Anti-Surge T4 Turbocharger
Turbosmart Wastegate
Accel 44lb injectors
Aeromotive Phantom 340 Stealth fuel pump
Microsquirt and EDIS8 to run it

I must be losing my mind. Get ya popcorn ready, this is gonna be either epic or an epic failure.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 7 users
So... Mike's old turbo, Mike's old wastegate, and Mike's old injectors are here...

I wonder what else Mike will come up with? :D

The turbo's even bigger in person than it looked in the pics. The box was destroyed when it got here, but the turbo seems none worse for the wear other than a missing bolt, and that's nothing a quick trip to Fastenal won't fix.

Reactions: 5 users