Theft Light???

Metalli485

Nov 10, 1998
Plano, TX
I have a 2000 GT and I've been having a weird problem lately. Whenever I start up my car, the theft light in the instrument cluster starts blinking and does not stop blinking. However, if I shut off my car and restart it, the theft light goes away. This happens about every other time I start my car. Does anyone have any idea whats going on here?

• Sponsors (?)

Same here I think it always blinks untill you start up the car.

But he said that it stays on after the car is on...... so I would think it might just be an electrical problem.

Does the car runs fine when the light flashes?

The light stays on after I start my car. It keeps blinking rapidly and will not stop until I turn my car off then back on. My car functions normally when this happens, but I have a suspicion that my PATS system is on its way out. If so, then I may end up stranded somewhere. Anyone have any ideas?

I started up my car today and I noticed that the theft light was flashing in a certain sequence while my car was running. It would flash once, pause for a couple of seconds, and then flash six times. The pattern kept repeating over and over. I came across a website (http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/pats.htm) that claims that a pattern of 1 flash following 6 flashes means that there is a "Faulty link between PATS module and EECV." However, it is strange that it did this while my car was running becuase the PATS system should have disabled everything. At this point I really want to fix this myself before I end up stranded somewhere because the PATS system goes out on me. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on what the specific problem may be? I don't want to end up taking my car to the dealer and getting screwed. Thanks for any help.

That could be real costly. A friend of mine has an Impala that had this problem and some times it starts and others it doesn't. He went to get it fixed (out of warenty) and he said they wanted some major $$ to fix it. I dont remeber how much but he said hed take the risk. lol So it must have been alot.