these guys on "Full Throttle" need some of us amatures to help em!!

mfp4073

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2001
Hells Ditch, FL
Watching this show called Full Throttle on history channel. They have 2 teams building up 2 68 coupes. Whichever team wins in the 1/4 miles wins both cars. They are screwing up stuff all over. Took them a while to get the transmissions out (I guess they were going to replace them with brand new c-4s) and all sorts of stuff. Now I really feel like I know nothing about these cars, but damn am I laughing at these guys :rlaugh:. They are talking NOS addition and replaceing the tranny.....WTF....I am looking at these cars thinking....rear gears, brakes, intake/carb. I dont know what thier limit on cash or time. Next heads/cam headers/dumps. Strip the car down, better tires.

LOL, they are trying to hang the transmission without the jack!!! Funny funny!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

one thing i thought was odd...

the anouncer stated, "they pulled the headers, exhaust system, and manifolds, to make way for the new headers."

why pull headers if the car has 'em and how can a car have both headers and manifolds? one on each side? lol :p

Haha damn, they just did a show on the Datsun 240Z, it actually turned out pretty well, they upgraded the camshaft, ignition system, dist, put on a new header, and intake with a 4BBL Holley instead of the dual side draft SUs. Not bad, not bad. Didn't see the mustang show though, sometimes you win a few, sometimes you lose a few.

Saw the 'full throttle' mustang show last night... I think the show set those guys up for a whammy - Who the heck 'accidentally' orders a big block C-6 instead of a small block c-4?

mfp4073: - I agree... my first thought was "rear gears" - followed by "nos - on a pretty used up engine?"

The car that burned though... They probably had a leak... I doubt the engine having "too big a shot of nos" would have caused a fire...Holed a piston or thrown a rod maybe.

Interesting way to present the car's "history" while building up to the race. (Although why the kept showing a clip of a '69 mach when talking about a 68 is beyond me... just bad fact checking) :D

I would have loved to build one of these.

393 flat top 11.5 compression. 200 shot nitrous. All the other add ons heads, came, and intake. Full exhaust, 4.11 gears, 28x10x15 slicks,c4 3k stall, drag shocks, no front sway bar. low 10's high 9's no problem with traction.

Just depends how long you have and how much money you have to spend.

Simple yet effective.

306 roller pop up pistons 11.1 compression or shave heads(but then you run into issuses with having to port match the intake. Stock cam retarded 4* or stage1 trickflow, afr 165's, 1.7 rr, rpm intake, 200 shot, 4.56 gears, c4 3k stall.

HCI swap with nitrous and some 110 race fuel with upgraded ignition 20hr's is enough. As long as the motor and tranny were good. Tires gotta have tires slicks. I'd even go the extra mile to weld the spider gears together. Lincoln locker lol :). I'm sure neither one had a posi traction rear.

Probably the most time consuming thing would be the amount of time it would take to find everything.