Thinking about selling....

hoamskilet

Founding Member
Jun 19, 2001
Belvidere, IL
With the baby coming in October, I've been kicking around the idea of selling my cobra to help pay some bills off. It's a 95 with 78,000 miles, bone stock except for H-pipe/cat back and in very good condition. What do you think would be a realistic price to get out of it?

• Sponsors (?)

There is NO WAY. Color, location, interior color, AC working or not, what mods it does or doesnt have will all play a pretty big factor though.

You can find half way decent 94-95 Cobras for $3500-$5500 if you look around. Hell I have seen a slew of 96-98 Cobras & 01-03 GT's in the $4500-$6000 range in decent shape lately. 99-00's for as low as $3500.

It all depends, fox bodys are still hanging in their price wise, SN95's arent, for whatever reason. If you find the right person, you never know!

The car market sucks, whenever the 03-04 Cobras come down, everything under them drops a bunch too.

There is NO WAY. Color, location, interior color, AC working or not, what mods it does or doesnt have will all play a pretty big factor though.

You can find half way decent 94-95 Cobras for $3500-$5500 if you look around. Hell I have seen a slew of 96-98 Cobras & 01-03 GT's in the $4500-$6000 range in decent shape lately. 99-00's for as low as $3500.

It all depends, fox bodys are still hanging in their price wise, SN95's arent, for whatever reason. If you find the right person, you never know!

The car market sucks, whenever the 03-04 Cobras come down, everything under them drops a bunch too.

Almost every sn95 GT I've been looking at is going for 4-6k.. and99-04 have been going for 8k+ and the cobras have been going for 6k+.
I've been on the market real heavy for a couple months now. I was selling my car, but just recently decided to keep it.

Maybe I've just been looking in the wrong places. :shrug:

Looking in the wrong places for sure, alot of times the ones you see with those price tags, are still there because they wont move, whereas the cheaper stuff is already gone off of craigslist, forums etc.

For every overpriced one, there are plenty that are more reasonably priced.

My friend sold his 97 Cobra for 8k recently, Fl car all it's life, well under 100k miles, Procharger, tuned, wheels, made 450, brand new redone interior ( he does that for a living) and he was actually going to take $7500 for it until somebody came out of nowhere and offered him 8k right around tax season. Took over a month to sell that car in tax season, in Fl and it WAS NICE.

I almost bought a white 94 Cobra the other day, 331 w/ stock HCI, custom seats with suede done up to look like 03 Cobra seats, best shifting T5 ever, 85k original miles, AC, etc for $6k and even thought that was too high and bailed on it. It's been for sale for months, although he has been asking int he 7700-8900 range.

You can find built motor, blower, nicely done up 96-98 Cobras for under 10k if you really look around, of course you will find plenty still asking 12-15k that are sitting around as well. I have seen an 01 for as low as 6500, a 99 for 6k. 03-04 Mach 1's for 9-12k.

The good thing is Cobras still book high, so loan value is still up there, which helps when selling.

I find people listing the 99-04 GT's for 7-12k too all the time, but then again I know where a Sonic Blue 03 GT is (higher mile car, around 127k but still) for under $5500.

I missed a black 99 GT with black leather, cobra r's, longtubes and other little mods for $3500 a few months ago. :(

I'd put it for sale for $7K, but prepared to accept $5.5 to $6K, maybe lower if its all cash.

I've been looking HARD lately, and I want a fox convertable, and Speeds8erM-1 is dead on when he says that SN95s just DO NOT hold their value but the foxes are hanging on. A similar mileage '93 Fox will sell for a couple grand more then SN95.

Adam

You can find built motor, blower, nicely done up 96-98 Cobras for under 10k if you really look around, of course you will find plenty still asking 12-15k that are sitting around as well. I have seen an 01 for as low as 6500, a 99 for 6k. 03-04 Mach 1's for 9-12k.

The good thing is Cobras still book high, so loan value is still up there, which helps when selling.

I find people listing the 99-04 GT's for 7-12k too all the time, but then again I know where a Sonic Blue 03 GT is (higher mile car, around 127k but still) for under $5500.

I missed a black 99 GT with black leather, cobra r's, longtubes and other little mods for $3500 a few months ago. :(

Wow around here in the Baltimore/DC area the market for 'Stangs is way higher. Especially around this time of year. Cars that are clean are still pulling good money. Stuff that has been poorly modded, wrecked, etc.. is about all you will find for cheap. Good luck finding a decent fox body around here too. There is about a 1/2 dozen quarter miles strips in a 100 mile radius here so most of the fox cars have been raced.

To answer the original posters question I think about $7,000 would be reasonable to ask for your Cobra, especially around this time of year. There just are not that many left that have decent miles and are mostly stock. No need to give it away.

Ross

Im in the market of a cobra actually...i want to sell my gt cause of the amount of miles on it and ill probably buy a cobra as soon as i get the money...probably next year sometime