- Apr 11, 2008
- 194
- 0
- 0
Hey guys, I want to get some of your guys experiences, or knowledge about nitrous on the mustang 3V motor. I have a friend who is using a 150shot, but went from 298 to 475 rwhp, and 320 to 525 rwtq. Basically it seems like the motor takes really well to nitrous. He does however keep burning up plugs, and that worries me. Usually it is the same plug too, #1 cylinder.
I was wondering if you guys had some advice for me if I try to put nitrous on my car too. I was thinking of going with Nitrous Express because they have worked an advertising deal with the magazine that I write for, but I am open to hear the pros and cons of different systems. Nitrous Express makes it seem like they have a kit made specifically for the motor.
This seems like something that can be done cheap, but I don't want to burn up plugs. Is there a better plug to switch to? I have a 2005, so I probably need to get 1-piece plugs anyhow right? What type of plugs should I use?
Also, I have heard that the input shafts on the tranny can only handle ~450bhp, so he is well exceeding that. I don't want to exceed the power limits of what I have because I don't want to switch out the tranny or make any expensive changes to set-up for it. Obviously there are inheirent risks with running Nitrous, and I am aware of those, but I would have a professional install it, and I would tune it myself.
I was wondering if you guys had some advice for me if I try to put nitrous on my car too. I was thinking of going with Nitrous Express because they have worked an advertising deal with the magazine that I write for, but I am open to hear the pros and cons of different systems. Nitrous Express makes it seem like they have a kit made specifically for the motor.
This seems like something that can be done cheap, but I don't want to burn up plugs. Is there a better plug to switch to? I have a 2005, so I probably need to get 1-piece plugs anyhow right? What type of plugs should I use?
Also, I have heard that the input shafts on the tranny can only handle ~450bhp, so he is well exceeding that. I don't want to exceed the power limits of what I have because I don't want to switch out the tranny or make any expensive changes to set-up for it. Obviously there are inheirent risks with running Nitrous, and I am aware of those, but I would have a professional install it, and I would tune it myself.