Throttle Body Spacer?

Eatchevysforlunch

Oct 24, 2016
I have a 2010 Mustang GT and I'm considering getting a throttle body spacer to add a handful of horsepower/torque do I need to get the 1/2 inch or 1 inch? I'm mechanically inclined, what does the throttle body spacer kit do for the engine? Sound? ( have dual flow master 40 series with x pipe set up) is the $60 investment worth it?

• Sponsors (?)

In my honest opinion-No,it's not worth the investment.. $60 bucks would be better spent towards a cold air intake,a drop in K&N filter or even better Headers, gears and a handheld tuner lol. Again none of this is a fact- just my opinion :)
I'm sure many others will pop in with better advice.
Like maybe this guy lol - @74stang2togo

Reactions: 1 user

View: https://youtu.be/Uzju3xBFHaY
2-3 peak horsepower there, others reveal similar on the dyno. No, TB spacers aren't worth the money.

The problem is, you're trying to tune intake runner length on a plastic composite intake that has very few compromises in it's design. This isn't the old 5.0 pushrod days were the limitations of the aluminum casting process and others meant there were compromises.

Another benefit from the past that is lost on the modern engine is heat isolation. On TBI and carbureted engines, a spacer reduced vapor lock, on MPFI engines, it's not really a problem, and if it does occur, a spacer that never sees fuel won't help.

Damn, I must be helping or something, @RaggedGT is putting out the Bat-Signal for me!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

View: https://youtu.be/Uzju3xBFHaY
2-3 peak horsepower there, others reveal similar on the dyno. No, TB spacers aren't worth the money.

The problem is, you're trying to tune intake runner length on a plastic composite intake that has very few compromises in it's design. This isn't the old 5.0 pushrod days were the limitations of the aluminum casting process and others meant their were compromises.

Another benefit from the past that is lost on the modern engine is heat isolation. On TBI and carbureted engines, a spacer reduced vapor lock, on MPFI engines, it's not really a problem, and if it does occur, a spacer that never sees fuel won't help.

Damn, I must be helping or something, @RaggedGT is putting out the Bat-Signal for me!

You offer good,detailed advice or recommendations with pics and videos- why wouldn't I put out the bat signal for ya :D
lol