Throttle Body

Black03GTRR

New Member
Apr 3, 2004
62
0
0
NJ
What kind of throttle body should I get for my 2003 GT? I'm planning on getting 3.73's along with a throttle body.

Do you think I could be running low to mid 13's with 3.73's, throttle body, steeda tri-ax, a k&n and nitto 555's? If not what will make me? Keeping in mind that I'm going to be supercharging my car in about a year.
 
Get an 70mm throttle body: Ford motorsport makes a good piece and mac's is ok. Mac's are a little bit cheaper. Accufab makes an awesome Throttle body...But cost a little more....if you need any priceing let me know. But I would look at any of those three t-bodies. BBK also makes one aswell. They are pretty nice too. So it just comes down to prefrence. But I would go with an 70mm T-body. And while you were at it either get an accufab or C&L and I think Mac just came out with an Polished and no polished Upper intake plentum. Or if you are tight on money get the stocker ported and polished...which we do in house. Well, hope that has helped a little. Good luck
 
Black03GTRR said:
What kind of throttle body should I get for my 2003 GT? I'm planning on getting 3.73's along with a throttle body.

Do you think I could be running low to mid 13's with 3.73's, throttle body, steeda tri-ax, a k&n and nitto 555's? If not what will make me? Keeping in mind that I'm going to be supercharging my car in about a year.

if you're going to get a throttle body compliment it with a plenum.
 
If you are going with a bigger TB, then add an after-market plenum. I have a 75mm TB and the C&L Plenum. The car will pull much better at high rpms and you will have better throttle response. 70mm or 75mm TB depends on what plenum you use and what are your future plans. 70mm with the Acufab plenum is a good choice.

But, ditch the 3.73's for 4.10's. Seriously, you will regret it after you install the 3.73's. They are a nice gear, but you will say "Man I should have gotten the 4.10's".

13's then, no problem. Probably mid 13's.
 
Go HoTO! said:
But, ditch the 3.73's for 4.10's. Seriously, you will regret it after you install the 3.73's. They are a nice gear, but you will say "Man I should have gotten the 4.10's".

13's then, no problem. Probably mid 13's.


he also said he was getting a SC in the future so 373 are the right xchoice IMHO
 
Black03GTRR said:
What kind of throttle body should I get for my 2003 GT? I'm planning on getting 3.73's along with a throttle body.

Do you think I could be running low to mid 13's with 3.73's, throttle body, steeda tri-ax, a k&n and nitto 555's? If not what will make me? Keeping in mind that I'm going to be supercharging my car in about a year.

With 3.73 gears, Steeda tri-ax, empty trunk, K&N, Nittos, and lots of practice, you could probably break into the mid 13's. Like a 13.55-13.65. However, it wont be easy. Here is what I recommend.

EDIT: I Just now noticed your getting a supercharger.
Get the steeda tri-ax w/ 3.73's.
Empty your trunk.
K&N air filter.
Forget about plenums and throttle bodies. Look into the new intake by Fox lake. Its more expensive but will work good with that supercharger.
Forget about Nitto's with a supercharger and 3.73s. Look into racing slicks on racing wheels. Bolt them on when you go to the track.