• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

Throttle lag or trans issue?????

  • Thread starter Thread starter dwngrg
  • Start date Start date Jun 20, 2008
D

dwngrg

New Member
Jun 8, 2008
2
0
0
Canada
Jun 20, 2008
#1
  • Jun 20, 2008
  • #1
I recently purchased an 07 GT conv auto. Car has approx 9k miles on it. The problem I am having is with TCS off and running hard up thru the gears manually, when it shifts, it occasionally noses over, for a second or two, like someone turned off the key. All advice greatly appreciated.
PS: Car is bone stock, for now.
 

Az Pete

10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
711
18
49
Panama City, Fl.
Jun 20, 2008
#2
  • Jun 20, 2008
  • #2
I have the same car and have not experienced any problem as you state. Watch the tach and see when the shift is actually made. If you tach to high you will hit the rev limiter. That will make you fall flat on your face. Does it work ok with it auto shifting?

I have a CAI and tune but neither before or after that being installed have I had any problems.
 

kooldawg6

mine works really well and can take a fair amount
Aug 31, 2006
1,679
2
38
Central VA
Jun 20, 2008
#3
  • Jun 20, 2008
  • #3
Get a CAI/tune package from either Brenspeed(where I got mine)or Bamachips and that will totally disappear! With the tune, you can select different shift pressures(up to 25% over stock in 5% increments)which makes for some neck jerking tire chirping shifts!
 

stangdude2000

Founding Member
Jun 23, 2001
1,727
0
0
Northern VA
Jun 21, 2008
#4
  • Jun 21, 2008
  • #4
Sounds like AZ Pete may have hit the nail on the head. These cars act differently when hitting the rev limiter than the older mustangs. When I hit rev limiter on the SN95 I had, it would literally bounce off, drop a few hundred RPMs, rev up again, and repeat. When I hit the rev limiter on my new car, its as you described. It just pauses at the rev limit. Also, when manually shifting, the transmission doesn't respond immediately to a gear shift, so consider that when timing things.

I also like Kooldawg's suggestion though!
 
D

dwngrg

New Member
Jun 8, 2008
2
0
0
Canada
Jun 24, 2008
#5
  • Jun 24, 2008
  • #5
Thanks for the suggestions all. I tried it again a few times and I believe I was hitting the rev limiter. I have ordered the CAI and tuner, can't wait to try it.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

W
Speedometer and shifting issues
  • wyatt-tetro891
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
213
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
wyatt-tetro891
W
A
2001 Mustang GT, scorched metal smell and noise from trans/diff?
  • AndyE2255
  • Dec 1, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
524
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Dec 28, 2025
gkomo
B
Questions About T5 Manual
  • Blackout67
  • Apr 13, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
694
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Apr 22, 2025
89ripper
J
68 Mustang with Foxbody Engine Stalling Issues - MSPNP2
  • JayV68Stang
  • Mar 13, 2025
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
Replies
3
Views
480
Digital Self-tuning Forum Mar 13, 2025
JayV68Stang
J
C
2019 GT Premium Convertible driveline issue
  • CoyoteVert
  • Aug 28, 2024
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
10
Views
1K
2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk Sep 21, 2024
CoyoteVert
C
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?