THUD AFTER 4.10 INSTALL

• Sponsors (?)

It only happens as your comming to stop? Your pinion back rash is off. Basically, there are too much space between pinion and ring gear, and when A/T downshift as you come to stop, that shock is making pinion gear theeth to hit against ring gear theeth which you hear it as thud. I'm having same issue with my T/A right now
Take it back to shop, and tell'm to redo it

QDRHRSE said:
Rear u joint not tight enough enough or wore out?[/QUO

I DON'T THINK THATS IT CAUSE NONE OF THIS WAS HAPPENING BEFORE THE GEARS WENT IN. I CALLED THE SHOP THAT DID THEM AND THEY SAID THAT THINGS LIKE THAT HAPPEN WHEN YOU GO TO A STEEPER GEAR BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS MOVING FASTER NOW AND ALL THE MOVING PARTS HAVE TO CATCH UP WITH EACH OTHER WHICH DOESN'T MAKE A LOT OF SENSE TO ME. I GUESS I GOTTA TAKE IT UP THERE AND HAVE THEM REDO IT. THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS.

does this thud happen when you let off the gas without the brake or when you first apply the brakes.

when exactly does the thud happen, info i am looking for is.

1. is there any thunk when you accelerate

2. when you slow down what MPH does the noise happen at? is it when the car comes to a halt, when brakes are first hit or what.

before we condem the rear end itself atleast give us a decent description of the noise. so far I see no reason to suspect the ring and pinion setup.

svttech76 said:
does this thud happen when you let off the gas without the brake or when you first apply the brakes.

when exactly does the thud happen, info i am looking for is.

1. is there any thunk when you accelerate

2. when you slow down what MPH does the noise happen at? is it when the car comes to a halt, when brakes are first hit or what.

before we condem the rear end itself atleast give us a decent description of the noise. so far I see no reason to suspect the ring and pinion setup.

It only happens right before I come to a complete stop under normal breaking. Nothing when I accelerate only right before I stop.