Timing Belt Change,How often..?

Hay There . Anyone knows how often, or at what milage I have to change my 2.3 liters timing belt (assembly) ? ?Gonna install a new waterpump tomorrow. Our all season Stang is leaking... It has 105K on the meter, and runs fine. :) (Installed the A4LD gearbox again after rebuilt, and its working ! ) Just a little worryed about the timing belt... :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

they recommend every 60k, but it'll last much longer. the motor in non-interference so i just waited to replace mine once it snapped in half which was around 115k...weirdly enough it was a couple weeks after doin the water pump. if your doin the pump, its prolly a good idea to do the timing belt as well.

U got Big warm Brains..

Thanks for your fast respond. Non Interferance , thats nice, Puhhh. If I can find the belt (Bad parts situation here...), I will change it together with the waterpump-mission. This car has been stored for nearly six years, and it just fired up after a 4 secound starter run... :) Old fuel, bad battery, and oil fom Flintstones days, But NO problem.. This Stang runs ! (Sorry, didnt see the tech side for 2.3L when I posted this forum. But next time, I promise..) :)

I STRONGLY recommend to change the timing belt when you do the water pump. I had a leaking pump so I changed it and not the timing belt right. WELL wrong idea 3 days later I am driving 75 Miles from the house and the teeth on the belt decided to leave the belt, $145 later in just towing because I couldnt see the belt at the time because of the cover. I had to change the belt, this is a small thing that I will remember always and as a rule Waterpump = Thorough check of the timing belt (it may save you more in the long run) Just a Personal Suggestion!!!!!

kiddiccarus said:
I had to change the belt, this is a small thing that I will remember always and as a rule Waterpump = Thorough check of the timing belt (it may save you more in the long run) Just a Personal Suggestion!!!!!
Opps, No teeth situation, thats too bad, with towing and everything. Would try to find the timing belt, and if not, No far away from home driving... :)