To buy or not to buy

• Sponsors (?)

Lonzo said:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...g=en&cardist=6

is this a good year for mustang? is this a good buy? i want a V-8 Manual tranny. i was think about this or a Firebird Formula/Trans Am. tell me what u think. i am gonna go look at this mustang tomorrow or tuesday. i am wanting something with power. the spec i find show this car with only 225 hp. is that enough??

I posted this thread in 4.6 talk too. Figured i might get more responces here.

Dude take your time and look around. That price is all right bu the miles is a little high. I brought a 96 gt manual, in the color I liked, with 85k miles on it for $4900. I was well mantained and had no mods. The guy had a accurate detail of every mantainance he got on the stang. Needless to say I am very happy. Now it just hit the 100k mark and is running like a top! Really just decide what your goals are for the car and take your time. For intance, I want to supercharge now but had I known that when I first started looking for a stang I would of gotten a 94 or 95 (same body as 96-98 just got trhe 5.0 engine which is easier to mod especially for a supercharger).

Well I would look for a 99+. 50hp is 50hp Go test drive both. when I was buying in 01 I drove a used 98 on the same day. the 98 was slow. Not that a stock 99+ is blazing fast but night and day difference stock vs stock. you will absoluty walk away from a stock 98 with a stock 99+.

I also like the lines on a 99+ but that is personal preference. If you actaully like the 98 better that would be a reason to go that way.