To FORD, or not to FORD?

Scambo1263

Aug 20, 2020
Redding CA
My concern is about the quality of the aftermarket power mirrors available on the Internet. After being shocked by the dealerships price I decided to go online but the low prices are alarming me into thinking that they might not be worth installing at any price. they will be going on to a 2001 V6 that my daughter recently purchased I just don’t want her to have any problems. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

ANYTHING done by or purchased through the dealership will always be incredibly high. Never go through a dealership unless its warranty or recall work. Rock Auto has really good prices as well.

Thank you for responding Nightfre. Have you ordered mirrors from them ? If so , how would you rate the quality of the mirrors compared to the factory ones. I found some factory NOS for about $80 each. All I need is the motor assembly but have not been able to find it on the net.

How about used OEM? A 2001 might still have some decent ones available if you want quality and low price.

There are places that sell new or NOS Ford restoration parts for less than the stealer-ship and with more human tech support than Rock Auto. CJ Pony Parts and LMR have been good to work with. Too bad Fox resto does not also cover the SN95. If you have the Ford Part number, Google it and I bet you will find a SN95 parts place.

Last edited:
Which motor assembly do you need? Pass or driver's side? I might have a used one in my box of parts from when I attempted to repaire my Fox mirror with an SN95 motor and found out they are not the same.

I ended up buying a cheap aftermarket unit for the motor only. I removed it from the housing and installed it in my original mirror housing. It worked flawlessly. This was 3 years ago, and I must admit I do not regularly adjust the mirror, or drive the car in the rain.