Tomorrow she shines!

• Sponsors (?)

Well I bought the PorterCable last year and got a pad kit and the SFX-2 with it and loved how much that made the black paint stand out. The Zanio really brought out the depth to the paint too so I put that on every winter before storing it and every spring / summer (only have to do it once or 2x a year but I really don't care, it sits in the sun all day every day when it's out). I bought the orange polishing pad and 3 bottles of Sonus for my latest purchase.

I have the same stuff, but use Meguiers. For a black car, the PC is a must. IMHO. I think I'll try the sonus and zaino this year. I'm assuming you got your pads and stuff from autotopia?

Yup. I usually wait for the SAVEBIG coupon to roll around. There should be another one coming up in 2-3 months I suppose. 15% off is nice!

That stuff should do the trick :D

I'd like to try this stuff out from Zaino:

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-CS

I might have to buy some and see how that works....

I do know one thing, Turtle Wax ICE is the CRAPPIEST stuff I've ever had the displeasure of using. Maybe it's just my paint or my car or something but that stuff is a PITA to get off and the shine SUCKS IMO. I still want to write a letter to them telling them the stuff was the biggest waste of $$ I have yet to spend on my car.

i REALLY dont mean to derail the thread, but i REALLY have to ask...

why are there people who believe hand detailing > a PC detailing?

they say a buffer/pc leaves swirl marks whereas doing it by hand doesnt

are these people who do it by hand too prud or something or suck at pc's?, please enlighten me. i really want to get a PC for my car but ive been hesitant.

I don't know why, the PC advertised on Autopia is foolproof basically, if you apply too much pressure the head will stop rotating basically and you KNOW that you have too much pressure then and will let off. I have no issues with swirlmarks at all so don't listen to that hubub. A rotary buffer you have to worry about burning the paint off with, a dual action like the porter cable takes someone actually trying to ruin the paint to actually ruin it. I picked it up with no past experience and wow does that car shine.

I still do the waxing by hand though...don't ask me why. I don't think you're supposed to use a buffing machine on Zaino anyways.

i REALLY dont mean to derail the thread, but i REALLY have to ask...

why are there people who believe hand detailing > a PC detailing?

they say a buffer/pc leaves swirl marks whereas doing it by hand doesnt

are these people who do it by hand too prud or something or suck at pc's?, please enlighten me. i really want to get a PC for my car but ive been hesitant.

Probably because they arent using it properly. Always use the less is more theory for starters. I always apply my wax by hand, and have taken it off with a buffer no problems. Unless the directions clearly state to apply and remove only by hand, you shouldnt have any problem removing the excess with a buffer.

dude blue ice is the shi* you have to use a micro fiber towel when applying/deapplying it. the shine is amazing! turtle wax spray is good stuff too.

Micro fiber towels are the only thing that touches my car...And yes, it still blew. I hated the stuff. I've never been more angry after wasting so much time waxing a car. Not only that but you could get good quality sealant/wax (Zanio) for a couple more $$$ and do 1/10th the work and get 10x the shine. I have a bottle that's been used twice and I'm just going to throw it unless someone wants to pay something for it because I hate the crap.