Too loud for the track!!!

bunny_power

Aug 13, 2003
Edmonton
I posted this on SVTP, but just in case some of you guys don't get over there.
----
LOL, I believe I now have definitive proof that my car is way too loud. :D

We had a track day for our local SVTOA on saturday out at a local track. They've got sound meters set up around the track so that they can make sure that they comply with the local noise bylaws and my car tripped all their sound alarms. The meters were set up a fair distance off the track, behind the walls and my car still managed to register a 98dB reading.... and that's with the baffles IN! I was told that if I came back to the track with the same set up again they wouldn't let me run.

There were cars there with full bassani QT catbacks, stingers, one guy even had cut his mufflers out and was running straight pipes, and I was louder than all of them.

I'm putting on a catted bassani X this week, no point in living in denial, but if you want your car to be LOUD , get an O/R X and an M55, your neighbours will hate you for it. :p

• Sponsors (?)

LOL, everbody asks that.

FRPP M55 3" catback. The M55 comes with a disclaimer: "An ultra-low back pressure exhaust system for your 1990-01 Cobra. Primarily 3" tailpipes, this system has low back pressure, but will produce significant noise and may be objectionable in some applications."

Craig Mack said:
I know we've been over this b4, but SOUNDCLIPS!!! :D

I know, I know. One of the club members has it on video, but I've got nothing on it right now. :(

Actually we found one of the contributing factors. I knew there was a leak at the driver's side header/X connection due to poor fit, but the passenger side was also leaking. The gasket had disintegrated. :bang: