TOO LOW--Ideas?

Husky44

10 Year Member
Sep 27, 2006
Tacoma, WA
Finished the spring swap last night, along with an MM CC Kit. Really like the ride I got with my $50 Craigslist springs, but I've only got about 2 inches of ground clearance!:eek:

I was dragging on tall gravel in my driveway, and any bumps while going downhill were sure to cause metal to asphalt contact.:nonono:

But it sure looks good!:D

Now, I'm driving my truck until I figure out a fix. For those of you running the Eibach Pro-Kits--how much drop did you get over stock?

Oh, yeah, Pictures:

Before:

95%20Mustang%20resize.jpg

After:

lowered%20TTII%20resize.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Finished the spring swap last night, along with an MM CC Kit. Really like the ride I got with my $50 Craigslist springs, but I've only got about 2 inches of ground clearance!:eek:

I was dragging on tall gravel in my driveway, and any bumps while going downhill were sure to cause metal to asphalt contact.:nonono:

But it sure looks good!:D

Now, I'm driving my truck until I figure out a fix. For those of you running the Eibach Pro-Kits--how much drop did you get over stock?

Oh, yeah, Pictures:

Before:

95%20Mustang%20resize.jpg

After:

lowered%20TTII%20resize.JPG

DID YOU INSTALL NEW POLY SPRING ISOLATORS?IF NOT,THOSE SHOULD RAISE YOUR CAR A LITTLE.

Posted via Mobile Device

holy ****t!?!? those are pro kits? i got sportlines and i got ATLEAST 3 fingers of clearance between the tire and wheel well... are u sure theyre the prokits?

NO! These aren't Pro kits! These are an off-brand that I found brand-new in the box on C-list for $50, which is dirt cheap for here, considering shipping! Might work better on fox bodies, but not the ticket for my car, at least not in AK. Maybe would work on the wide smooth streets in So Cal?

NO! These aren't Pro kits! These are an off-brand that I found brand-new in the box on C-list for $50, which is dirt cheap for here, considering shipping! Might work better on fox bodies, but not the ticket for my car, at least not in AK. Maybe would work on the wide smooth streets in So Cal?

ah my mistake, i reread what you posted. i mean, the car looks awesome but damn thats an insane drop... hows clearancce/rub with the front tires?

Wow! I really like that drop. Thats what I was going for but the Pro Kit didnt get me there.

DarkPony:Wanna swap??? I love the look, but I can't run these in AK. I think I'm going to buy the Eibach Pro springs, as that seems to be the consensus best compromise between lower ride height without dropping it in the weeds. If you're interested in trading, PM me.

inphiniti, the tires don't rub at all, even with vintage wheels with more backspace.

wow. it seems like the tires are like, RIGHT there in the wheel wells... it looks great! i actually stared at the car for a bit earlier and really liked the look... if anything, if u want similar, id go sportline, unless its just me playing favorites again... its waht im running

I'd like to swap up. It'll be like a month maybe less. I'll have to talk to my neighbor and see if I can hold up their lift for a week or so. I'll get back to ya and let ya know. One more question, are you running isolators on it?

wow. it seems like the tires are like, RIGHT there in the wheel wells... it looks great! i actually stared at the car for a bit earlier and really liked the look... if anything, if u want similar, id go sportline, unless its just me playing favorites again... its waht im running

Don't get me wrong, I really like the look, but I can't run it here. Roads are way too bumpy for the car to be that low. If I was keeping it as a track car (not a good choice for a vert) or was in the lower 48, with better roads, I'd seriously consider it. We've got frost heaves here that the pony on the front wouldn't be able to see over!

Um...NO. it wouldn't work here either. We got lots of humps and bumps.
I had the same problem you had. I got cobra R springs in my vert and dropped about 1 1/2 may be... but then i went with x2 balljoints without the spacers and i got 1/2 more drop. i was very happy until went out to west hollywood on sunset. i hit the underbrace on a hump. verts have huge underbrace so going too low is not the ticket. I can't even clear the drive in lift...so i went back and install the spacers back. now it's okay. but i might just take it out again and dodge all the humps and take a detour...everywhere.

May be for hardtops it will be okay since they dont have the huge brace in the front but i don't know

I'd like to swap up. It'll be like a month maybe less. I'll have to talk to my neighbor and see if I can hold up their lift for a week or so. I'll get back to ya and let ya know. One more question, are you running isolators on it?

Are isolators the rubber things on the top and bottom? If so, I reused the stock ones. Somebody else mentioned getting some new ones; if I could get really tall ones I might go for it, but I'd need an inch or so.

I can't wait a month. Car is out of commission right now, and we've only got 2 months of driving season left!!! Plus, I'll save the price of a new set of springs in gas over that two months. I've got to do something this week. If you can't move that fast, I'll still work you a deal--cheap. Say $40 plus shipping (which should be around $40)?

We could do something like that. I'll let ya know when I know. I've got a few things that I need to do to the car.

Just ordered my Pro-Kit from Summit, so not in a rush to do a swap. HOPEFULLY I'll get them installed this weekend! I'll ping you once their off to see if you still want them. Otherwise I'll try to sell them. Maybe package them with an old Fox body CC kit I can't seem to unload!