Toy Drive

inzanesrt4

Jan 18, 2004
Its been awhile since I've posted here but thought I would let everyone over here know about this great charity drive.

T O Y R U N!

YEP. THATS RIGHT! SUNDAY DEC. 5TH. 9:30 AM AT 272ND PARK N RIDE. EXIT 147. GONNA DRIVE DOWN TO OLYMPIA IZZY'S. DROP OFF TOYS AND EAT LIKE KINGS.
this is going to be a BIG ONE. i want to see everybody there. i mean everybody. this is for the children that are less fortunate. i don't care what you bring, a hot wheel or a stuffed animal. just an unopened toy. this will show the comunity that all the cars are not street racing all the time. this will be an open forum event. i will post on other forums. . YOU NEED TO BE AT THIS ONE!
LETS MAKE SOME KIDS HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMASS!

time: 9:30 am
place: 272nd park n ride. exit 147 off I-5 federal way washington.
bring: unopened toy

we will be leaving the park n ride at 10 am. drive the speed limit all the way down I-5 to exit 107. would be nice to have 75 to 100 cars in a line. drop off toys at izzy's pizza and eat for a whopping $5.99. they will have a breakfast buffet, pizza, salad bar, desert bar, soda. excellent food for an excellent price.

Hope to see some of you down there.

• Sponsors (?)

Wow no one here interested in a Toy drive for charity huh...

Looks like there will be over 150+ cars saying they may show up, a few hundred dollars has been raised, plus tons of toys for needy kids. I'm stopping tomorrow to help pick up 5 pallets donated by one company. Hope to see some of you guys there also.

1) Olympia is pretty far out of town for most people on this board.

2) You failed to mention this is a multi forum event, that might have generated a little more interest since it appears you were only asking this forum.

3) Attendance, morale, whatever (getting people to do things) around here lately has been like pulling teeth. No one gives a crap anymore. It's sad. I've been lurking on the SRT forum and it's nice to see people actually get excited about group events and not just ignore threads. :)

It looks like there is going to be well over 150 cars cruising down the road for a great cause.

Have fun, I'd like to go but that's just a bit to far out there.

Tylerb59 said:
1) Olympia is pretty far out of town for most people on this board.
That's my reason. I'm all for helping out, but Olympia is a bit of a drive for me. :)

3) Attendance, morale, whatever (getting people to do things) around here lately has been like pulling teeth. No one gives a crap anymore. It's sad.
It goes in waves. Lately it has been quiet except for the trolls, which turns people off and they start finding more pleasant things to do. Although I notice that it has been especially quiet on the Seattle side of things. Everyone snowed in? :)

Dave

Here's a way some are contributing that cant make it to the drive. Everyone can contribute the same way if they would like.

http://www.t6p.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4763

I understand about driving a long distance. I cant say much about it I love driving my car but there is a too far for me also(if it takes more then one day to get there) I'm not trying to pressure anyone into contributing or coming just thought it weird that there was no response. I can usually count on the "ricer go away" Which is why I didnt mention it was a multi forum meet. Most of my posts here get the same response. Well except a Cheap Dyno Day which will be coming again early 2005. Hope to see some of you for that.

inzanesrt4 said:
I can usually count on the "ricer go away" Which is why I didnt mention it was a multi forum meet. Most of my posts here get the same response.

You can count on that when posting about an import show or related on this forum. I'm glad you came over here to post it though, I neglected to copy it from the 'other' forums like I did with a few of the last local get togethers.

Keep doing what you're doing, just don't bother with import events unless you like to be mocked ... Most of us wouldn't be caught dead at an event like that. :D

inzanesrt4 said:
Well except a Cheap Dyno Day which will be coming again early 2005. Hope to see some of you for that.

Where is that going to be tentatively? Something like that usually gets the Mustang crowd somewhat motivated to get off their butts and is always a great way to get car enthuiasts together.

Rootus said:
Although I notice that it has been especially quiet on the Seattle side of things. Everyone snowed in?

No kidding, I think I need to move to Portland. :nice:

lmao... zane, its funny you mention this toy drive on stangnet... try this thread

at least you got something as far as feedback (i wasnt ****tin when i said i told the mustang guys about it). i even mentioned that it is multi-forum and that was a month before the event.

like tyler said... pullin teeth
:bang:

j.r.

p.s. i will post a few of my pics

The being mocked is OK with me I know most of the members hate imports and all that stuff. I wont name any names but I've seen a few of you at the events. Yes I know who you are wearing dark glasses, baseball hat, hooded sweater so nobody recognizes you. :D

I do it anyway because some(maybe 1) do enjoy it and some on stang.net are old enough that might have kids interested. Its OK to rip into me. I must like it I post from time to time on Arizona street racing and they try to make everyone cry. :(

As for the Dyno event I will keep everyone posted and get input from people. I have no tentative place yet. I am trying for best deal so we can get our monies worth. My Goal this year is to try to get one of these shops to give us $25 Dynoes +$10A/F, some have expressed wanting to tune. So be expecting more info after x-mas. I know the majority are up north but shops up there dont seem to be as willing to hook me/us up as well as South Seattle and Portland do.

Thanks again everyone See ya Tomorrow.

inzanesrt4 said:
The being mocked is OK with me I know most of the members hate imports and all that stuff. I wont name any names but I've seen a few of you at the events. Yes I know who you are wearing dark glasses, baseball hat, hooded sweater so nobody recognizes you. :D

I do it anyway because some(maybe 1) do enjoy it and some on stang.net are old enough that might have kids interested. Its OK to rip into me. I must like it I post from time to time on Arizona street racing and they try to make everyone cry. :(

As for the Dyno event I will keep everyone posted and get input from people. I have no tentative place yet. I am trying for best deal so we can get our monies worth. My Goal this year is to try to get one of these shops to give us $25 Dynoes +$10A/F, some have expressed wanting to tune. So be expecting more info after x-mas. I know the majority are up north but shops up there dont seem to be as willing to hook me/us up as well as South Seattle and Portland do.

Thanks again everyone See ya Tomorrow.
South seattle sounds good...

btw i've seen the toy drive posts from other forums as well... i just won't be able to make it to it... otherwise i would've posted something... kinda sad how you didn't get any response