Fox Traction Issues

• Sponsors (?)

Age of the tire matters alot. If the tires are too old, even with good tread the rubber compound gets harder over time. Then they get slippery. Check the date codes on the tires. The pinion snubber reduces axle wrap. With excessive axle wrap you might get wheel hop where the tires bounce. If it's spinning but still feels smooth, my bet is on bad tires.

Reactions: 1 user
Springs are important too. These cars are light in the rear to begin with. Then people put stiff springs and lower them. This can make traction problems worse. A low car can have good traction, dont get me wrong. But you need to increase weight transfer to the rear on launch. Many times the lowering springs are stiffer and reduce weight transfer. You need the nose to come up and the rear to squat down on takeoff. Softer springs in the rear are better for off line traction.

Any advice on spring rate ? Just wanna put power I have to the pavement.

I don't know that answer off the top of my head, sorry. I'm just sharing general idea of weight transfer. Does the body pitch back or stay more flat? If it stays more flat, that's part of the problem at least.

Whats done to the motor to make 400 hp? Eibach pro kit springs are not gonna cut it. Those bbk control arms may be causing some bind too which is aiding in shocking the tire and spinning. What shocks and struts are you running?

I have whats left of my pro kit up front in my car as far as springs . Team Z rear drag springs , Strange 10 way shocks and struts front and rear . Team z street beast lowers, Heim joint upper arms with solid upr heim joint upper bushings . Still has both sway bars. Car has 1.9 60 foot with a dead hook and bog on a 17 inch wheel and drag radial. im not boasting the 60 ft time becasue it is terrible but my point is it dead hooked and bogged to go this time on a less the ideal 17 inch wanna be drag radial so the suspension is working.

I make just shy of 600 to the tire. My case in point is your rear suspension may be binding like i stated or your just not transferring weight and shocking the tire.

Reactions: 2 users
I wanna say I'm pushing close to 400 ponies. It's never been tuned or been on a dyno

Yeah, you are not going to hook up driving around on asphalt streets with that suspension and most drag radials. I make about 415hp, and I could spin my radials on the street when I wanted to when I had my 555r's and Mt et street radials. The ET streets are a little better, but I can spin them too.

Joe

I have ford racing 306 short block trick flow heads , gt40 upper & lower 70mm throttle body 75mm mas. Roller cam & assembly msd box . Ecu had a piggy back chip at one point but I didn't put it back after computer fried . Many other goodies. Just can't seem to hook on take off .

Here I was thinking I was helping traction by installing these components when in actuality I was hurting it. Guessing sub-frame connectors may hurt more than they help? Not looking for a 1/4 horse but want to be able to put power to the ground if I wanted to .

Here I was thinking I was helping traction by installing these components when in actuality I was hurting it. Guessing sub-frame connectors may hurt more than they help? Not looking for a 1/4 horse but want to be able to put power to the ground if I wanted to .

No , sub frame connectors are a must even if you have a bone stock car . That motor and I'm not trying to hurt your feelings makes between 270-325 at the tire . What kind of shocks and struts do you have ?

And Joe hit it on the head . Your not gonna just magically hook on take off even with drag radials on the street . Hell I spin the tires sometimes on the 2-3 shift . Gonna take some driving and learning to slip the clutch some to really launch the car the way it seems like you want to

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

That kit is designed to be a road racing type kit . Not to much weight transfer. I run the team z drag spring out back . Strange 10 way adjustable front and rear shocks. At the minimum maybe switch to a lake wood 90/10 up front and a 50/50 out in the rear and that will help it transfer weight and plant the tire some .

Reactions: 1 users