Tranny ponderings

Ok, I drove Mom's car (03 mustang v6 auto) to work today to put her new tires on (btw, they're ****ing sweet!)

To give a background, I HATE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS!

The only automatic that I can drive comfortably is an old Ford AOD. I guess the reason for that is that untill last year, I had only owned 1 automatic car (89 sable). I now split time between my 84 crown vic and 99 5spd ranger.

Anywho, I think the thing that gets me in Mom's pony is how damned slow it kicks down when you go WOT @ about 35-45 mph cruise.

onto my questions

How much is this tranny computer controlled?

what kind of shift kits are available, preferably something somewhat mild so i can kinda sneak it around mom ( :rlaugh: )

i think that's it for now, just kinda got to thinking about it and getting annoyed again because it's a flippin automatic :(

anywho, thanks yall :)

• Sponsors (?)

The trans is fully computer controlled, and you can use a tuner like the Predator to adjust it. Shift points and hardness is adjustable, so you can keep it "mild".

Of course, you could always install a 150 nitrous shot- wired into the kickdown switch! Your mom might comment that the car seems to have "more pep"! :D

I put a TransGo shift kit with a tranny cooler in my 98, and it significantly woke the car up. Not to mention that the 1-2, 2-3 tire chirping shifts are a nice addition. Plus you get the manu-matic option with the kit, or is that auto-manual?