• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Trans let go what else can happen? why why me!

  • Thread starter Thread starter 65stang289
  • Start date Start date Jun 24, 2004
6

65stang289

New Member
Mar 5, 2003
922
0
0
Fort walton Beach FL.
Jun 24, 2004
#1
  • Jun 24, 2004
  • #1
I was messing with the car trying to my fix my overheating problem and then it happened on the test drive. I loud boom I thought I broke the ujoint or some thing becasue it felt like the drive shaft was just hitting the floor . loud grinding noise car was shaking and had a loud whine to it like I had a blower and then nothing at all no gears at all. I had to get her out of the road I was doing 3000 in traffic trying to get her to the side. I shut the car off and then pushed it into the gas station.
Wait get this 20 mins befor the car was making noise so I pulled off took my cell phone out of my pocket and left it on the fender and forgot about it. I was trying to get home Lost the cell no one would help me push the car. I walked 4 miles to my buddys house. Just a all around good day. Just got the axel fixed a month ago after I broke it damn!!!!
 

Max Power

Active Member
Jul 31, 2003
1,774
1
36
St Paul
Jun 24, 2004
#2
  • Jun 24, 2004
  • #2
Wow, bad day!

A C-6 broke behind a 289? That doesn't happen often....
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

2000 GT-Front Brakes Not Releasing
  • stormsedge
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
171
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 7, 2026
Bronco2fan
B
B
Electrical Why does my fox body keep frying eecs
  • brandyn200
  • Jun 20, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
382
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 25, 2026
AeroCoupe
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
342
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
M
Too much for me to repair in my current housing situation
  • My Drama Magnet 04 Gt
  • Apr 1, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
8
Views
374
The Welcome Wagon Apr 14, 2026
Noobz347
Radio, Speaker Upgrades
  • TripleYellow
  • Apr 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
186
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 24, 2026
TripleYellow
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?