• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Transmission ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 01GTSTANGER
  • Start date Start date Feb 28, 2006

01GTSTANGER

Member
Feb 19, 2006
100
0
17
Pasadena, CA
Feb 28, 2006
#1
  • Feb 28, 2006
  • #1
I have the infamous 3650 in my 01 Gt...Now I dont have the 1st to 2nd grind but I have noticed that when I drive my car for a while say about an hour or so I start having trouble putting it in to gear any gear especially reverse! I have 50,000 miles on my car do you guys think I need a new clutch? It has never sliped or anything and like i say when its cold gears go in fine with no problems. Could it you be the transmission fluid? Anybody ever had this happen to you? thank guys in advance

Oh yeah I just bought the car 3 months ago so i have no idea if the clutch has been replaced or not
 

01GTSTANGER

Member
Feb 19, 2006
100
0
17
Pasadena, CA
Feb 28, 2006
#2
  • Feb 28, 2006
  • #2
Anybody? please i can really use your help
 
M

mac1009

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2001
187
0
0
Atlanta, GA
Feb 28, 2006
#3
  • Feb 28, 2006
  • #3
First thing I'd do is the fluid. My car had the grind starting at 10k, and I swapped fluid at 15. It's nowhere near as bad as it initially way. I went w/ Royal Purple when I did it.
 

USMstang

Member
Oct 30, 2004
114
2
19
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Feb 28, 2006
#4
  • Feb 28, 2006
  • #4
See this thread...
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=608984&highlight=transmission+fluid+change
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

00 4.6L V8 new clutch won’t go into gear when on?
  • Timboslice
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
170
The Welcome Wagon Aug 21, 2026
Noobz347
S
Drivetrain Downshifting from 3rd to 2nd issue
  • Scott_S
  • Apr 23, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
944
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 14, 2026
Mindseye007
K
4r70w transmission problems
  • Kiddmustang
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
170
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 21, 2026
squeak93
M
Idle control problems
  • miser143
  • Aug 28, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
138
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 29, 2026
DadLife0724
M
85 Capri 5.0 transmission rattle
  • Mamaclean
  • May 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
204
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 17, 2026
Mamaclean
M
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?