Tremec 3550 TKO Slave Cylinder Bracket

jikelly

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Lubbock Tx
I got a question about my transmission install that's outlined on my horribly out of date webpage. J.K's Mustang Page

They wanted to know how I constructed the bracket that holds the slave cylinder in place on the transmission case. I explained that I just used several pieces of 1 inch 1/4 inch thick steal strips that I purchased at home depot to make a bracket. I simply bent one piece into a C and have another piece coming up to it from further back on the case to keep it from deflecting. You can kind of see how I did it here.

slave2.JPG

slave3.JPG

It works great, but it ain't pretty. :rolleyes:

Anyway, do any of you have blueprints for a slave cylinder bracket for the Tremec 3550/TKO transmission? Or do you know of a place to buy a bracket?

• Sponsors (?)

What master are you using? I couldn't get enough travel out of mine just by plumbing straight to the CNC slave cylinder, so I built a lever with about a 1.7 to 1 ratio. It makes the pedal rather stiff, but it works. Since yours works, and it's not exactly easy to see, I'd say be happy with it... "if it aint broke..."

Oh my car is fine. I want to say I have a 3/4 master cylinder. If you look at the hydralic setup page on my site I've got all the part listed there.

Posted via Mobile Device