• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Tremec got questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ray@VSK
  • Start date Start date Sep 19, 2004
R

Ray@VSK

New Member
Aug 27, 2004
355
0
0
Sep 19, 2004
#1
  • Sep 19, 2004
  • #1
I am currently redoing my 93, heads, intake, etc, etc & I already know I got a major oil leak so I was just going to yank the block & replace the oil pan gasket & rear main seal & figured since I got the tranny unplugged mine as well take that t-5 out & put in a Tremec, my question is where is a good place "good price" to get one & which one would you recommend "model#" & do I have to purchase a yoke/spline & bellhousing for it aswell & is there anything else I'll need to know or get doing this ?
 

Grn92LX

Fidanza Man!
Founding Member
Jan 14, 2001
6,819
64
129
New York
Sep 19, 2004
#2
  • Sep 19, 2004
  • #2
If your buying new, get a TKO 500 with the 26 spline input shaft. You'll need a tremec specific bell housing or a scatter shield. You'll ned a new 26 spline clutch disk, might as well get a new clutch kit. You'll need to reuse your old handle or buy a new shifter. Thats not necessary though. Yes, you'll need a new 31 spline yoke for $75, but your better off doing what I did and buying a new aluminum driveshaft with the 31 spline yoke for $199. Much better deal if you think about it. I'm using a king cobra pressure plate with a mcleod disk and llove this set up. If you use a scatter shield, get an extended fork. I didnt, but should have! I recommend an aluminum quadrant and a firewall adjuster. Maximum motorsports makes a new kit and it looks good. I bought my TKO used, but got most of my stuff from d&d perf.
 

TT91

Active Member
May 23, 2003
1,536
0
36
Paramus, NJ
Sep 19, 2004
#3
  • Sep 19, 2004
  • #3
www.dndmotorsports.com

www.x2cmotorsports.com

Both have great deals on transmissions
 
R

Ray@VSK

New Member
Aug 27, 2004
355
0
0
Sep 19, 2004
#4
  • Sep 19, 2004
  • #4
Already got an aluminum driveshaft, already had it, ok I found this one that looks like a good deal https://www.brothersperformance.com/shop/mustang/tretcet5008.html Spline is only $49 more & everything is free shipping, you said I do need a tremec bellhousing aswell right, is there anything else I need or will that cover it ?

Just out of curiosity, why did you say get a 500, is the 500 better than the 600 or is it the same but $50 cheaper ?
 

Grn92LX

Fidanza Man!
Founding Member
Jan 14, 2001
6,819
64
129
New York
Sep 19, 2004
#5
  • Sep 19, 2004
  • #5
I said the 500 because it has better gear ratio's closer to stock. So IMO its better. You need a bellhousing, new clutch disk if you get the 26 spline, but you should get a whole new clutch kit. New pilot bearing, new rear main seal, fluid, speedo gear, 31 spline yoke. That should be it along with what I suggested in my first post. Might wanna get a new tranny mount too while your there. Its cheap. I got a prothane mount for $23 from summit.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
Engine 302 oil leak when running
  • AlexM556
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
14
Views
389
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Saturday at 7:48 PM
AlexM556
A
C
SN95 Another Coyote swap list
  • catkiller
  • May 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
258
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 8, 2026
bjornsn95
B
J
'04 3.8L V6 mineral deposits and oil on #3 cylinder. Does it need a rebuild or something simpler?
  • joeybuddy96
  • Mar 18, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
15
Views
504
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Yesterday at 3:15 PM
gkomo
S
Drivetrain 8.8 Pinion and 302 rear main seal leaks after replacing. 93 5.0 with t-5
  • Steigy4827
  • Jun 23, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
775
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 1, 2026
Steigy4827
S
J
2004 Mustang 3.8L V6 vibrations above 65 MPH and differential leaks
  • joeybuddy96
  • Mar 16, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
824
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Aug 29, 2026
joeybuddy96
J
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?