Trickflow intake manifold

GtVert_00

Feb 23, 2012
I'm looking into buying a trickflow track heat manifold for my 00 gt with the plenum assebly that will hold a twin 57mm tb from a cobra, my question is (and if anyone has done this) will the upper plenum hole a twin 62mm aftermarket tb? As these are rather new to the market i'm hesitent on bying something i'm going to have to spend time modifying. I am also looking into 32lb injectors with a new mass air/ cai to fit.

All this is being done ahead of time to maximise other mods but for now im just looking to get it set up and working correctly.

Thanks for your replys in advance :D

• Sponsors (?)

What are you looking for in the end? The track heat is a high rpm intake....like 7k+ rpms.

New to the market? The track heat has been around several years....the new Trick Flow manifold is the Street Burner.

Im going to put a new said of heads on the car here in the next few months I just havent decided exactly which yet and a rotating assembly/ valve springs to hold up to a high rpm setup, going with something a little different than im used to seeing how it works out. And yes I got the two confused I do mean the track heat manifold.

Just looking to do something different and see what I can get out of an n/a 2v vs just boosting it and taking the easy way out lol Something i've been wanting to do for some time now.

The bottom end has a 5.0 stroker in it from the previous owner, I will either be changing this or possibly, pending how much I decide to spend, I may just go with an aftermarket shortblock with a forged bottom end (non-stroked just a 281) and I had not thought of the ecu issue yet but that should be no problem to find. The car is no longer my daily driver and I have yet to do anything with it other than bolt ons so i'm looking to drop some money into it seeing as I can finally afford to keep it off the road for extended periods of time :)

I would go with the 281. I built my motor a few years back and did my research. The Stroker pulls the piston skirt out of the bore making it more unstable. With higher RPMs Stability is a must. The modular strokers don't pick up power like the old push-rod engines. As far as the the 7,000 rpm limit that can easily be bypassed with a tuner. I've been running an SCT Livewire since 2007 and with the mods I did to my car in 2009-2010, I've have my redline set at 7200 compliment my Crower stage III cams. You can add bore to the engine as the PI combustion chambers are larger than the bore of the block. This is what I've found through research. There are many people out there that can help, like MMR, Shaun Hyland Motorsport, Sullivan Performance, just to name a few. Best bet is to do your homework and come up with a build that fits you ultimate goal.

I'm in the process right now of trying to come up with something, there are so many roads to go down right now but yes I plan on sticking with the 281 if I stay with the 4.6 setup, we will see tho lol