Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 12's!!!

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • You're high... it's gunna be a 13.8

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I'm high... and already forgot what this thread is about

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
I just had the TFS Track Head Topend Kit put in. "360HP" Version. It was installed by Realspeed in Long Island, NY.

The car is much, much stronger now and feels much more like a modern V8 in terms of power. It feels like it should be in the lower 13's at the track with any luck.

Running... Aluminum DS, TKO W McLeod and Light Flywheel, MM Traction Bars, 17" wheels on NT05s, no AC, Eibach Pro Springs.

Thoughts on my Quarter Mile?

Attachments

• 20170715_200647.jpg
    20170715_200647.jpg
    690.3 KB · Views: 390
  • Sponsors (?)

It feels like it's going blow off the exhaust when it hits 5000 rpms! Lol... Great kit. Looking to hit LVD sooner than later.

She is running all stock bottom end.... 24 lb injectors, upped the fuel pump, bbk maf, longtubes... 3.73s.

I dont have to double clutch and powershift now... she really holds the power band!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey fellow Islander! Could I ask how much Realspeed got for the installation and tuning?

Gotta pay to play! I would recommend an estimate from their shop personally. Estimates are free and there is never a straight forward 'package install price' because everyone's Stang is at a certain point of maintenance, current mods etc. Call them today and ask or a write-up - you will know exactly what you are looking at for price.

The more I read about the TFS1, the more I think I should select a different cam

It's not my daily ride. It has decent manners. Definitely requires some more involvement to move her off idle, in reverse, but it's a great sound!

Once you hit 3500rpms with it and are at WOT the car is a WIDE AWAKE - the cam certainly makes the most of the heads, and it rips hard! A lot lighter weight than modern muscle the fox begins to move out like it you want it too. (But now you got to go easy or preferably not at all in the rain!)

It's not my daily ride. It has decent manners. Definitely requires some more involvement to move her off idle, in reverse, but it's a great sound!

Once you hit 3500rpms with it and are at WOT the car is a WIDE AWAKE - the cam certainly makes the most of the heads, and it rips hard! A lot lighter weight than modern muscle the fox begins to move out like it you want it too. (But now you got to go easy or preferably not at all in the rain!)

Mine isn't my daily ride either, but I spend far more time cruising around in lower RPM's than revving up high. I also want to ditch the 3.73's and stick some 3.27's in. I've got basically the same kit going in, but think I am going to end up substituting the TFS1 for a custom grind to favor low end power and low end drivability with the taller gears.

Reactions: 2 users