Trouble codes.

02 281 GT

Agreed...My wife has great Boobs
15 Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
3,208
1,973
194
Cabot, AR
The "Service Engine Soon" light came on in my '02 GT a couple of weeks ago. It was throwing a P0171 code (system adaptive fuel too lean, bank 1). I decided to see if it was a fluke, so I cleaned the MAF, and disconnected the battery for a few hours. It went away, but it came back on Friday, and now it's also throwing P0174 (system adaptive fuel too lean, bank 2). The car has 107,xxx miles. Could this be related to the O2 sensors? I don't have any mods done to the fuel system. Only mods are an off-road H and a catback.
 
Means your getting unmetered air after the maf. Almost always caused by a vac leak or bad maf.

Check your pcv and lines to ensure that they are not leaking. You can spray carb cleaner on them and if the motor surges it will tell you. Check for cracks in the plastic and rubber fittings as well. This can be a pita to find.