Engine Truck 5.0L into a 69 stang

bubbanubs

Apr 12, 2019
Ohio
I needed some help. I was able to pick up a 5.0L and AOD out of a 92 F150. I actually drove the truck before they pulled the engine. For $300 i thought it was a great deal. Engine only had 78,000 on it. I made a mistake not asking him for the ecu. I'm trying to fine out what I need to do, so I can use the factory EFI and what I need to do to the engine to make it work in my 69 coupe. Also would like to use the AOD in coupe also, but need to know what needs to be changed. I would greatly appreciate all the help I can get.

• Sponsors (?)

look into a stand alone engine managment system. after that, you just need the o2 sensors and fuel pump i believe. Lots of info out there. If you want to stay with factory parts, you'll be happier with stuff from a fox.

you'll probably want to swap the cam, this will change the firing order as well.

You will have to get an ECU to match if you intend on keeping EFI....but you don't have to keep EFI anyway, can always just swap to a carb intake, run a carb and a distributor that is carb friendly and it will work just fine...not to mention, the EFI manifold for a truck probably wont fit under the hood(at least not easily) so at the very least, even if you keep the EFI you will likely need an intake manifold from a car(mustang, crown vic, etc) and if you are swapping the intakes anyway then carb is worth consideration. The question you should ask yourself before buying anything though is why you want EFI, and whether a factory-style EFI is the best way to accomplish your goals.

Actually the intake will not work from the f150 into the mustang ,the intake stands upright and will not clear the hood . You can replace the full intake with one from a mustang or cougar or thunder bird ,or go the after market rout ,you can also buy an aftermarket wiring harness and ECU