trunk lid gap help

kaostik

Apr 13, 2006
Everett, Ma
hey guys,

i just put on a cobra lid and spoiler. it looks mint, but i cant get the gap right on the sides. the lid sits right, closes perfect, looks great except for the gap. i tried to adjust the bolts at the hinge, but it really only helps you in the up and down directions, not the left to right. any suggestions?

the only thing i could think of is drilling out the factory holes in the hinge to make it a little bigger to give be the adjustment i probably need. id rather not though, now that everything is connected and wired.

• Sponsors (?)

hey guys,

i just put on a cobra lid and spoiler. it looks mint, but i cant get the gap right on the sides. the lid sits right, closes perfect, looks great except for the gap. i tried to adjust the bolts at the hinge, but it really only helps you in the up and down directions, not the left to right. any suggestions?

the only thing i could think of is drilling out the factory holes in the hinge to make it a little bigger to give be the adjustment i probably need. id rather not though, now that everything is connected and wired.
I was just going to recommend this idea.This is basically the only thing you can do,unless both your hinges are bent to the one side to center the stock decklid right from the factory.You never know with fords "QC"!:shrug: