Trying to completely eliminate my exhaust leak...

I recently installed a Pypes O/R X, and it sounds great, but there is still a small leak that I can't help but notice. No one else hears it, but I do, and it bugs me. And yes, I did install a new gasket. It sounds like the leak is coming from the passenger side, though. Another thing, on the drivers side where the midpipe meets the header, one of the bolts is stripped on the nut and not completely tightened... But like I said, I think the sound is still coming from the passenger side. If I removed the bolts on both side, and tightened the passenger side completely first, would this eliminate the leak? Also, can I get a new nut and bolt for the driver's side? The reason I ask this is because it seems like the nut is attached the the flange on the headers... But I could be wrong. Thanks in advance. :(

P.S. - Is there any kind of silicone gel I can apply to the mentioned areas to completely seal up the leak?

• Sponsors (?)

I have tried the silicone (RTV) of some sort and it just burned off.

There is a kit at NAPA that is a manifold stud kit that you should use to replace the stripped studs or even all of them then tighten the midpipe up I think...

Did you get a ford gasket? I have the mac gasket on my car right now with no problems. I removed my midpipe so many times that the FORD gasket just fell apart lol. Damn emissions, but my mac is holding up fine. So im guessing your using a paper gasket that came with the pypes mid??

Just get a Ford gasket and youll be fine. ===>MAYBE

I have a Ford Gasket. :(

That's good - they are high quality and last a long time...I'm still using my original one after several mid pipe changes.
Did you install the pass side assembly separately? Otherwise, you may cause it not to be properly aligned and unable to seal completely.
Try spraying the ball and socket joints with carb cleaner (or just about anything else will do) while running and look for the leak. Affirm that the leak is not in this location.

yea, you should replace those driver-side studs. i have the kit from from NAPA but the stockers were a bish get out. as for the passenger side, make sure that it's fully seated. i made the mistake of tightening the catback side before the manifold side which caused it to leak

Hey just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten to check. We were out of it today and by the time I got there everyone was gone. I left a note for the foreman to let me know what it is called.

Should know Monday.