trying to decide if i can sell this car

Status
Not open for further replies.

91 HATCH

Banned
May 17, 2007
illinois
im trying to determine how much i can sell this car for i think im going to ask 4000.00 also i live in illinois

car044xh2.th.jpg

car022qy7.th.jpg

car018ex1.th.jpg

cars002ge1.th.jpg

car032kk3.th.jpg

car033co4.th.jpg

Attachments

• car044xh2.th.jpg
    car044xh2.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 80
  • car022qy7.th.jpg
    car022qy7.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 93
  • car018ex1.th.jpg
    car018ex1.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 80
  • cars002ge1.th.jpg
    cars002ge1.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 84
  • car032kk3.th.jpg
    car032kk3.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 78
  • car033co4.th.jpg
    car033co4.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 83
  • Sponsors (?)

If its clean with no rust its easily worth $4k.
Knowing what I know now I wouldve rather bought a clean car for that price instead of buying one needing some rust repair (alot more than it looked like) for $1300 less.

The exterior looks ok in the pics, but the interior and engine compartment are in some extreme need of some tlc.

Is the windshield cracked?, it looks like it in one of the pictures.

Door pockets are sagging

Heat/AC register broke

Carpet has been greased

Missing coil cover and wiper motor cover

Missing shock cover cap

How many miles are on it?

By the way, I'm only about 45 minutes from Robinson. I personally think that for $4000 the interior would need to be equally as nice as the outside, but thats just my opinion. Good luck selling it, I am sure that someone would like to take it home.

This is from Kelly BlueBook
Vehicle Highlights

Mileage: 97,000
Engine: V8 5.0 Liter
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Drivetrain: RWD

Selected Equipment Change Equipment
Standard
Air Conditioning AM/FM Stereo
Power Steering Alloy Wheels

Optional
Power Windows Cruise Control
Power Door Locks Single Compact Disc

Blue Book Private Party Value
Private Party Value is what a buyer can expect to pay when buying a used car from a private party. The Private Party Value assumes the vehicle is sold "As Is" and carries no warranty (other than the continuing factory warranty). The final sale price may vary depending on the vehicle's actual condition and local market conditions. This value may also be used to derive Fair Market Value for insurance and vehicle donation purposes.
Vehicle Condition Ratings Check Vehicle Title History Excellent
$3,170

"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.
Good
$2,820

"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.
Fair
$2,375

"Fair" condition means that the vehicle has some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing but is still in reasonable running condition. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and/or interior need work performed by a professional. The tires may need to be replaced. There may be some repairable rust damage.
Poor
N/A

"Poor" condition means that the vehicle has severe mechanical and/or cosmetic defects and is in poor running condition. The vehicle may have problems that cannot be readily fixed such as a damaged frame or a rusted-through body. A vehicle with a branded title (salvage, flood, etc.) or unsubstantiated mileage is considered "poor." A vehicle in poor condition may require an independent appraisal to determine its value. Kelley Blue Book does not attempt to report a value on a "poor" vehicle because the value of cars in this category varies greatly.
* Illinois 8/8/2007

Status
Not open for further replies.