Engine Turbo 331 issues

jsw81

5 Year Member
Mar 19, 2007
IA
I have a turbo 331 setup and recently if I go wot the intake pipe blows off the throttle body. Also it's blowing oil out the exhaust. Blue smoke out the back. Please help.

• Sponsors (?)

what is your PCV or breather setup
how many #'s of boost
Who installed it
blow off valve?
Pcv is stock as far as I know. I have a breather on the pass side valve cover. 14-15 psi. Blow off valve I believe is on3 performance, which is the turbo kit. Previous owner had it installed. I've had the car for about 4 years and just now having this issue.

you need more than a stock PCV valve with forced induction
15# of boost is a lot to run though a motor for 4 years. what is the compression and leak down?
check your waste gate to make sure it is working

You are building up excessive crankcase pressure and eventually going to blow our rear main, front main, or other seals, is your dipstick tube blowing out

I have not checked compression yet. I will check the wastegate also. It is a Tial WG, not the on3 junk. The dipstick was out a little. I had a feeling this was a crankcase pressure issue. Do I need to get a different pcv or delete it?

Update:

Busted ringland on cylinder 5. That would explain the smoke. I am using this as an opportunity to build a new motor as the setup I have doesn't make much sense to me for a stock block. I purchased the car with the current setup and the combination is not my style