Engine Turbo 5.0 Mustang bad misfire at WOT

Yeah... and I'm going to ping @a91what because you've accumulated enough combo that the A9L is no longer the best way to tune it anymore IMO. If you're going to put money into a wideband, you should put money into one that is future compatible with a good tuning system.

You should have 10,000 ohms or greater on the following:

MAF SIG and MAF RTN
MAF SIG and ground
So it seems the MAF is bad then... considering it would be $300+ for another and then about $160 for a wideband, what are the thoughts on just picking up a Holly Terminator X which comes with a wideband and then ditching the MAF and MSD ignition?

• Sponsors (?)

So it seems the MAF is bad then... considering it would be $300+ for another and then about $160 for a wideband, what are the thoughts on just picking up a Holly Terminator X which comes with a wideband and then ditching the MAF and MSD ignition?
The terminator X is a good choice if you want a basic installation and a new harness.

I personally use MegaSquirt, I tune holley because its popular.

I am biased and prefer to support American companies.

The terminator X is a good choice if you want a basic installation and a new harness.

I personally use MegaSquirt, I tune holley because its popular.

I am biased and prefer to support American companies.
Thanks for all the help guys! I'm gonna go ahead with the Holley Terminator, it checks all the boxes for me, the new harness is a big plus as well.

I got my Terminator X Box Thursday and installed evererthing .. Saturday was the 1. Fire Up ....surprise surprise .... the tune is way off and has to be changed..Cruising timing is set at 42 degrees and wot also way over 30 ... but when tuned a little with the Handheld and Static timing set correctly ... damm that works verry well ... Idle is stable like a rock ... never got that so perfect with the Megasquirt .... have to drive the car now and see how it works .. but first impression is not bad ....www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PprZ6svse4

I got my Terminator X Box Thursday and installed evererthing .. Saturday was the 1. Fire Up ....surprise surprise .... the tune is way off and has to be changed..Cruising timing is set at 42 degrees and wot also way over 30 ... but when tuned a little with the Handheld and Static timing set correctly ... damm that works verry well ... Idle is stable like a rock ... never got that so perfect with the Megasquirt .... have to drive the car now and see how it works .. but first impression is not bad ....www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PprZ6svse4
Yeah I got it installed along with a dual sync distributor a couple weeks ago, the car literally runs like butter its crazy how much the updated electronics are helping

Reactions: 1 user
IMG_1111.jpeg
IMG_1102.jpeg IMG_1110.jpeg IMG_1105.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
loaded some own tune and went for a ride today ..1. time with TX .. this is really surprising how this thing works .. car runs perfect ..almost too good to be true ..
have to check the learntable tomorrow to see how far off it was ..but damm..this TX works perfect...
I had the same experience once I threw in a decent turbo fuel and timing table, added that dual sync distributor and it literally drives so smooth its unreal. Only problems I have been having is getting it stop surging at idle every once in a while