Turbo Over Boost Engine Code??

My engine light came on this morning and I had a buddy get the code with his scanner. The code was P0234 which is a turbo over boost problem. Has anyone had this problem with the ecoboost engine? I am planning on taking it into the dealership since it's only a couple of months old, but I just wanted to get y'alls advice on what could cause this.

Thanks,

• Sponsors (?)

The CAI could be the source of the problem for sure. If the turbo see's more air it certainly can create more boost, typically a tuner would fix an issue like this by setting the factory parameters differently to compensate for any modifications.
These newer cars are very sensitive to even small changes, I've seen several newer mustangs have check engine lights after installing something as simple as a CAI. Just food for thought, if the dealer tells you that the CAI is the problem them may also try to charge you for a diagnostic. My first call would be to the CAI manufacture tech line to see if others have reported similar codes or issues

Reactions: 1 user
The CAI could be the source of the problem for sure. If the turbo see's more air it certainly can create more boost, typically a tuner would fix an issue like this by setting the factory parameters differently to compensate for any modifications.
These newer cars are very sensitive to even small changes, I've seen several newer mustangs have check engine lights after installing something as simple as a CAI. Just food for thought, if the dealer tells you that the CAI is the problem them may also try to charge you for a diagnostic. My first call would be to the CAI manufacture tech line to see if others have reported similar codes or issues
That was my original thought as well. My only reservation about that theory was that it's been installed for over a month and this just happened today. My plan is to get a tune very soon, so hopefully the problem will go away. The car isn't running any differently right now, but any lights still scare me.

That was my original thought as well. My only reservation about that theory was that it's been installed for over a month and this just happened today. My plan is to get a tune very soon, so hopefully the problem will go away. The car isn't running any differently right now, but any lights still scare me.
I know the feeling! I've been dealing with a tire light even since putting the wheels on my car, the programming in the tpms sensors is wrong and i've been putting off dismounting the tires to change the sensors lol

My engine light came on this morning and I had a buddy get the code with his scanner. The code was P0234 which is a turbo over boost problem. Has anyone had this problem with the ecoboost engine? I am planning on taking it into the dealership since it's only a couple of months old, but I just wanted to get y'alls advice on what could cause this.

Thanks,
Has anyone had this issue with a bone stock unit before?