Fox Turbocharger suggestions

What's up guys,

So I'm in the process of building my 5.4 32 valve swap Foxbody I'll be posting up a build thread soon to show the progress and have a guide for those that want to know how to do the whole Lincoln Navigator engine swap. I want to put in a turbo on this engine but I'm stuck at what size I should be looking for so I'm trying to see if you guys could help me out a bit with your own suggestions. It's going to be a street/strip setup. It'll be hitting the strip a lot more than it will on the street but I'd like to take it for some digs or cruising from time to time. Let me know what suggestions you got but I'm definitely aiming for over 850 hp. The engine will be built so there's no worries about sending a rod through the block. I was thinking of getting a 80mm turbo but give me other suggestions.

• Sponsors (?)

You may want to call a turbo supplier and ask, most of your cheaper alternatives (on3) dont have turbo maps.

I will say that we maxed out a 76/78 turbo on a 351w, increase in pressure did not net any further power. The turbo spooled very fast, at 20psi the car went a best of 9.2 at 140ish.. he was shifting gears so an auto would have been much faster based on the video I saw of his slow shifting.

I don't have a turbocharged setup, but based on what I have read on "Coyote Swapped Foxbodies," you want a Borg-Warner S480, and a CG Fab hotside. The Borg Warner's are twin scroll setups that come into boost much faster. I realize this is not a Coyote, but a lot of information transfers.

Kurt

Call up Jose at forced inductions.
48555090-1C75-46A0-8EBB-5DF18963D12A.png

You may want to call a turbo supplier and ask, most of your cheaper alternatives (on3) dont have turbo maps.

I will say that we maxed out a 76/78 turbo on a 351w, increase in pressure did not net any further power. The turbo spooled very fast, at 20psi the car went a best of 9.2 at 140ish.. he was shifting gears so an auto would have been much faster based on the video I saw of his slow shifting.
Yea it’s most likely going to come down to that as I want this to be my perfect build. This guy I’ve been talking to on Instagram his name is @unnaturallyaspirated he told he he’s run an 80, 88, and I think 94mm but he runs Methanol so I don’t think I can run that big plus he has an auto to run 4s in the 1/8 and 6s in the 1/4

I don't have a turbocharged setup, but based on what I have read on "Coyote Swapped Foxbodies," you want a Borg-Warner S480, and a CG Fab hotside. The Borg Warner's are twin scroll setups that come into boost much faster. I realize this is not a Coyote, but a lot of information transfers.

Kurt
Thanks for that info I’m definitely going to look into it I still need to research on all the tricks I need to know when it comes to turbos plus the 5.4 4v can be pretty close to the 5.0 4v