Turn Signal / Hazzard Lights Issue

tx65coupe

Nov 29, 1999
I recently installed the dealer add on emergency flashers on my 65. Everything seemed to be working fine. That is until last earlier tonight when I drove it.

Now when the brake lights come on, the green indicator on the dash comes on and so does the front right blinker. It doesn't flash it stays on like as long as the brake lights are on. The right turn signal works, but when the brakes are applied it over rides the signal.

What the hell is going on here???

Also the green indicator on the dash does not flash when the hazzards are on. Is this normal for 65.

• Sponsors (?)

does that happen when your hazards are turned on only or when they are also off? Its normal for all lights to come on when the hazards are on. but when the hazards off everything should work normal.

with the hazards on, on my 69, everything comes on solid with the brake on. turn the brake off and hazards flash normally. If i remember right my 2007 corolla does the same thing.

I thought I remembered reading something about a bad turn signal switch causing this. I can't see that being the case this time though, but maybe it is.

All this happens when the hazzards are off. When they are on all 4 flash and when you put on the brakes all 4 stay on.

When the flashers are off everything works normal except when applying the brakes the front right turn signal stays on bright like the brake lights and it will override the right blinker.

We figured out what was wrong. There was a short between the front right and rear right on the emergency flasher switch. I guess that just proves that just because its NOS doesn't mean its perfect.