Turn signal not blinking - please diagnose

65 fastback

Founding Member
Mar 17, 2002
Northern VA
OK, I have passenger side turn signals, front and rear, but my right side turn signals are on but not blinking (both front and rear).

Before this situation, I had both right and left rear turn signals working, but no front signals or parking lights. Upon investigation I found that the grounds were disconnected, so I regrounded both.

Please help.

Tim

• Sponsors (?)

check the grounds lol same exact thing happened to me when i first baught mine..also in the trunk, there are the sockets for the tailights (At least in my 65 i dont know since you changed your tailights...) and that can come loose pretty easy

Yes, the turn signal switch controls each side separately, and also chooses brake or turn for the rear lights.

Check your plug under the dash for the turn signal switch too. It is very common for this switch to fail in all 67-70 shelby's, as the additional load of the added bulbs out back would make the switches fail prematurely.

Update - Still not working

OK, I'm still having problems with my turn signals. The passenger side is working fine, but the driver side will not blink when the parking lights are on.

Without any lights on (parking lights or headlights) - turn signals work fine, both sides and front and rear.

With the parking lights on - the passenger side works, front and rear; the driver side lights, but does not flash.

I've checked and have a solid ground and have swapped the bulbs.

Tim

Definitely a bad socket, or short somewhere, sounds like you are shorting the turn and lighting circuits. You'll need to dis-connect one corner of the car at a time, try to isolate the problem.