Twisted Wedge from Trick Flow

What does everyone think about this kit??

My car is a 92 gt and i just want a respectable street car.. I was thinking about this twisted wedge kit from trick flow Trick Flow Specialties TFS-K514-360350B - Trick Flow® 360 HP Twisted Wedge® Top-End Engine Kits for Ford 5.0L - summitracing.com

does it seem like a good kit to go with for the price and what i would be getting out of it??

if so what crank and pistons should i get to go with this set up??

and does anyone know what lifters i would need???

- Matt

• Sponsors (?)

It's a great kit. You could use it with the stock internals, or step up to a stoker kit if you were looking for more power. On a stock engine, most people are in the 300-315ish RWHP range after bolting it on.

That kit is a great deal as long as you're not expecting to grow too much. The biggest part of the kit are the heads and at 170cc's they are pretty much maxed out on a 302 IMO. Even though a TW 170cc head is "bigger" than a standard in-line 170 you're still only looking at a bit over 400 HP N/A capability.

I would recommend the COMP 851-16 lifters. If you are budget minded the FMS lifters will do fine but you're best off to replace them if you change the cam and up the spring pressure.

Also if you go with this kit don't just drop it in and assume all is good. Even though it comes as a "matched" set you still need to degree the cam and check valve train geometry.

That kit is a great deal as long as you're not expecting to grow too much. The biggest part of the kit are the heads and at 170cc's they are pretty much maxed out on a 302 IMO. Even though a TW 170cc head is "bigger" than a standard in-line 170 you're still only looking at a bit over 400 HP N/A capability.

I would recommend the COMP 851-16 lifters. If you are budget minded the FMS lifters will do fine but you're best off to replace them if you change the cam and up the spring pressure.

Also if you go with this kit don't just drop it in and assume all is good. Even though it comes as a "matched" set you still need to degree the cam and check valve train geometry.

yeah, i'm very tedious when it comes to my motor. i will still check all my clearences and geometry...

what about this kit, eagle pistons rods and forged crankshaft + boost??

If you plan on throwing boost at it, you may want to re-think your setup and skip the new rotating assembly. The stock bottom end will be more than adequate for block splitting horsepower, and adding a built rotating assembly to is not only not necessary….but also can be wastefull if/when the block splits and takes out all of those expensive goodies.

So if you’re looking to add boost, the h/c/I, stock shortblock and 10lbs should get you into the 500rwhp range.

If you plan on throwing boost at it, you may want to re-think your setup and skip the new rotating assembly. The stock bottom end will be more than adequate for block splitting horsepower, and adding a built rotating assembly to is not only not necessary….but also can be wastefull if/when the block splits and takes out all of those expensive goodies.

So if you’re looking to add boost, the h/c/I, stock shortblock and 10lbs should get you into the 500rwhp range.

i see you know about boost.. what h/c/i would you suggest?? i wanna do a tt setup

great.. i'm thinking that's the kit i will put on.. and if i have the money i will get eagle pistons, rods, and crank, and a bottom block!!!

Just be sure to not pot that rotating assembly in a stock block if you are for sure going to run any type of forced induction! If you don’t have the cash for everything, I’d suggest throwing the h/c/I on the stock block along with the turbo kit…..and building a stout bottom end while you have the funds. Once you have the bottom end ready to go, swap the h/c/I into you’re new block and crank up the boost! :nice:

Just be sure to not pot that rotating assembly in a stock block if you are for sure going to run any type of forced induction! If you don’t have the cash for everything, I’d suggest throwing the h/c/I on the stock block along with the turbo kit…..and building a stout bottom end while you have the funds. Once you have the bottom end ready to go, swap the h/c/I into you’re new block and crank up the boost! :nice:

yeah,, i'm hoping to have all the money to get it all done at once so i don't have to do twice the amount of work..